Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2008 3:29:46 PM EDT
lately there have been some good releases for the x39 platform. HSGI just released their Modular Open Top Pouches, Esstac has released the x39 triple wedge, Eglgear Has their line of shingles as well as the monkey stomper line.

None of the other brands have really jumped on board yet. No TT, Endom, BHI, Parcalete, etc.

So what's the verdict. CXS I know you've played with the HSGI, how do you like them compared to their UMMP line? CBR, you have the esstac, how do you like it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Not shingles, but I have the Endom AK mag pouches militarymorons.com/equipment/emdom.html#ak

Since the flaps can be tucked I use them as open topped pouches for faster reloads. The elastic keeps a single mag from bouncing out so far, but isn't too tight to draw a mag when 2 are in the pouch. BSW
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the EssTac Triple 7.62 Shingle and was really impressed when I got it. It's adjustable for depth and bungee retention so it'll actually fit anything from M1A to AK 20 and 30 rounders. I got mine HERE. They come in single, double and triple like I got so you can set up your gear however you like.

Here's mine.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
i got to looking at the pictures of my gear and i noticed something about the ummps. so i hooked up the gear and did some milspec monkey testing. doing jumping jacks, jumping off furniture and what not. on the v4 the mag pouches pull on the molle webbing something fierce. so i'm thinking the double stack might be to much weight unevenly distributed. so i'm definatly thinking about a shingle or two. maye two doubles side by side.

but that might not be the case on the eagle, we'll have to see. should be here tomorrow or the next day.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
CXS
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CXS

Yeah that's your naaame....
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CXS

Yeah that's your naaame....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top