Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:17:55 PM EDT
Ive been looking around for a 3 lug adapter to put on the end of my barrel, but i cant find hardly any information about them. If any of you guys/gals can help answer my questions, i'd be greatly appreciative.

Where can I find decent ones? (i spent a few hours on google and found all of one place that even sold them)
How much threaded area do they usually need to have to work? (ive got a barrel with a front site on it and would rather like to avoid moving the site if i can get away with it.)
How would you go about permanently attaching it to the barrel?

If it helps to explain the project, here goes: I'm going to be mounting a 3 lug adapter on a Marlin 1894C in .357 mag to attach a SWR Trident 9 to it. I want to go with the 3 lug so that I don't have to worry about any threads loosening up during firing, and don't have to worry about over tightening it trying to prevent threads from loosening up during firing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Use rockset to permatach that 3 lug on and 1/2 inch of barrel will be enough for threads.
I have used a few of these 3 lug adapters and never had a problem.
Adapters on the bottom left
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The replies were very helpful. Thanks Much
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
That's going to be a pimp marlin.

Gemtech makes one, too.  They 3 lugged a gun for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top