Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 5:22:15 PM EDT
i'd like to get into shooting some three gun matches.  i've got a kimber 1911 (all i need for it is some reliable mags).  i've got a nice ar (with some really good mags) and i have a benelli m1 super 90.  my question is about the shotgun.  she has a 28" barrel and holds 3 rounds.  i know that i need to upgrade the scatter gun to be competitive.  what do yall recommend first, more mag capacity or a shorter 18-21" barrel).

any other advice about 3 gun matches here in the midwest (i live in central indiana) would be helpful.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Without question - mag capacity

Choo need min of 5 (many shoots set limits on amount in mag tube)

A side saddle would be second.

A shorter barrel would be 3rd.

Think capacity
Think reloads
Think shorter
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Get 3 or 4 Wilson 10 round mags for your Kimber.Next look at briley's Website for an extended tube.You need a tube that will hold 8+1 in the chamber.You may be able to sell or trade your barrel for a 21".Don't forget the most important thing's,a box of dummy shells!Practice loading over and over.If you can load a shotgun faster than anyone else you'll win!
Have fun!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top