Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 2:07:55 PM EDT
It says they are marked with a star, and are gi spec. Anyone know who makes them? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably junk best to stick with CMI 44mag sells them,  20 rounders $27.00 free shipping
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The twenty round magazines marked with a star are not reliable.  I would avoid the star marked twenty-five round magazines.   I recommend the CMI twenty-five round magazine through 44mag.com.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
recommend the CMI twenty-five round magazine through 44mag.com.
Follow this advise closely.
If you buy the cheap mags, you will only be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok one more question. Is the cmi stainless steel mag just as reliable as the others? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok one more question. Is the cmi stainless steel mag just as reliable as the others? Thanks

I have a couple other things to test tomorrow in the desert.  I'll try to remember to bring my stainless steel CMI magazine to try out.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My review of a CMI stainless steel twenty round magazine is in this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=201680&page=5 (see post dated 09/06/10)

This is way OT but at the local desert shoot today a bunch of us had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Dolf Goldsmith, author of several books on early belt fed machine guns.  He's in the process of relocating to Las Vegas.  He's a walking encyclopedia on the WWI and WWII machine guns and just a delight to chat with.  One of the locals has a Vickers machine gun and Dolf was invited to take a look at it.  Dolf was just phenonemonal in relating all sorts of interesting information about the Vickers machine gun and the particular specimen there at the shoot.  I think he enjoyed meeting the locals and we look forward to visiting with him again after he completes his move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top