Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2007 2:02:45 PM EDT
i had ordered a dsa sa58c about 9 weeks ago and it still hasn't come in. the owner of the store just got in his new stock for the month and in it is a dsa sa58c(not the one he ordered for me) and i'm going to pick it up tomorrow. 16'' bbl, full gas system extreme duty scope mount and carry handle. i have a ta33r9 acog coming on monday and a larue compact acog mount. i am so excited! pics will be up tomorrow and more pics with the acog mounted on monday. woo hoo!
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sound excellent, and similar to what I have.  You've love it.

A few recommendations:

Get the SAW style grip - it fits the hand better, and looks cooler.
Get a trigger job for it.  It's too accurate to stay with the standard DSA pull, which isn't too bad, but a bit heavy.
Think about the DSA night sight set at some point.  It's nice to be able to see the sights in the dark.

Enjoy having the best rifle in the world.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]
My FAL started as a DSA 16" carbine, and I really liked it. Great balance, and a lot of fun to shoot....the purist in me eventually forced me to put a 21" barrel in, for better or worse

Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i had ordered a dsa sa58c about 9 weeks ago and it still hasn't come in. the owner of the store just got in his new stock for the month and in it is a dsa sa58c(not the one he ordered for me) and i'm going to pick it up tomorrow. 16'' bbl, full gas system extreme duty scope mount and carry handle. i have a ta33r9 acog coming on monday and a larue compact acog mount. i am so excited! pics will be up tomorrow and more pics with the acog mounted on monday. woo hoo!

I love my DSA.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#4]
pics will have to wait until tomorrow. sorry. brought her home. she looks great. no front sight tool. any other way to adj. sights? needle nose pliers?
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
No no no.  Don't use a spray paint can to put makeup on a beauty queen.

The sight adjustment tool costs about 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2007 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
here it is!
Link Posted: 4/10/2007 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quite nice.  How does the cheekweld feel on your set up?  It looks like the scope is up pretty high.

I recommend getting the SAW grip from DSA too.  It's cheap, makes the rifle look like some sort of mini 240 badass rifle, and feels better in your hand.

Also a general question.  Why does anyone get a carry handle on their FAL?  I can see why the miltary had them as their FAL were usually 10-12 lbs, and they had to hump them around.  But on a civiy model, you're not going to carry it on an EIB road march.  

I know it's historical, but doesn't it get in the way all the time?
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#8]
didn't plan on the handle. i ordered mine without. this one came into the shop and mine didn't. all the same specs i ordered except the handle. figured if it really bothered me i would take it off. shooting her late this week for the first time. hope the cheekweld is good. it's fine in my room.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Please tell us about your ACOG.

Which model is it, eye relief, etc?

Thanks,

Flyer
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#11]
it's a ta33R9. considered a compact acog. the R9 is for 308 and the R8 is for 223. trijicon says eye relief is 1.9'' but it is more like 3.5 to 4''. red chevron with bdc. super light weight. comes with compact acog mount but i changed it with a larue. they go for around 750 at csgunworks. 850 with mount from bigdawg tactical . both guys are really nice and easy to work with . i got the larue from bigdawg and the acog from csgunworks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Needle nose pliers will work just fine. I have a set in my range bag just for adjusting F A L front sights.
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]
took her to the range last night. sighted in irons and the acog. the fal and the acog are unbelieveable. haven't had that much fun at the range in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
took her to the range last night. sighted in irons and the acog. the fal and the acog are unbelieveable. haven't had that much fun at the range in a long time.

They are just a blast.  You ever want to have some additional fun.... take some 1 GAL milk jugs and freeze them.  Then obtain or make some ballistic tip ammo.  Shoot said jugs with said ammo.   150gr Hornady SSTs will make those jugs explode into fragments.  

I took some folks out to the range with my FAL and the AR.  It was pretty impressive to them seeing that the AR usually needed 2 or three shots of soft points to really bust up the ice.  The FAL just left the equivalent of crushed ice behind.  Usually sent the jug plastic sailing off through the air and ice would be tossed about 8ft high.

FMJ is less impressive but some soft points will make a show too.

I think I just enjoy being pushed around a little when I shoot .  I really dig my FAL and I'm waiting on almost the identical rifle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
with ear protection ofcourse, i didn't notice the fal carbine being any louder than my ar15 with ny legal comp. the gun was very easy to handle , control and the recoil was much softer than i would ever have thought. as far as the cheeckweld with the ta33r9 on larue mount, not bad at all. just a fraction higher than exactly where i like it. the eye relief is awesome. i used to have a ta31f and this thing blows it away in my opinion. ar15's have been my favorite rifle since i've been shooting but after my fal experience i'm not sure it will stay that way. now that i'm done with my corny ramblings , see ya
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#16]
took your advice and just added the saw grip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top