Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 2:26:56 PM EDT
I snagged this 1959 Star Model F Sport (6" barrel) at the local pawn shop this afternoon for $200.00. Very M1911ish frame with a sweet trigger. It can be carried cocked and locked. It shoots like a dream. Other than the grips it's all steel with excellent fit and finish with a little holster wear.

I guess I'll have to find a extra mag for it.

I swear the more I see of the newer offerings in the .22 pistol world the more they look/feel like junk compared to 50s - 60s era .22 pistols.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm starting to dislike you my old friend.
Nice little pistol.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Jealousy is not a trait I exhibit very often, but the Beretta M1934 fucking ripped it for me.

I don't want to hear about any more of your deals.

None.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice, but how's it shoot? I picked up a model F about a month ago for $175 and it shot about 10" high at 25 yards.  Also was short cycling.  I think I got it all worked out now.  Mine was made in 1941.  I think it would be hard not to buy every one I saw for that price.  I really like my Stars.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, but how's it shoot? I picked up a model F about a month ago for $175 and it shot about 10" high at 25 yards.  Also was short cycling.  I think I got it all worked out now.  Mine was made in 1941.  I think it would be hard not to buy every one I saw for that price.  I really like my Stars.
View Quote

It shoots POA at 15 yards, I did not try it any farther out. I was using CCI Standard velocity. No issues at all. I only wish that they did not have that thumb rest grip. I'm not used to them and it felt odd.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top