Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2011 10:02:02 AM EDT
I just bought a 1903 SA 1million serial number.

The floor plate falls out on occassion. I detailed stripped it, the plate retaining lever and spring are fine. What is going on?

Does anyone have a detailed photo?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I would imagine it could be wear on one of these areas.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Everything looks good with mine as well.

I guess I'll start with a new floorplate...

I hope it is not the large trigger guard.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it actually not latching or is it moving back far enough that the front becomes unhooked?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it actually not latching or is it moving back far enough that the front becomes unhooked?

+1

Do the "wiggle test".  Push the plate back and forth.  The floorplate isn't held on by much at the front of the receiver.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:01:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Its not held on there all that well.  make sure the slot the front clips into is clean so it goes in full depth.  Make sure the spring retainer in the back moves freely.

The FP looks fine.  

it might be a tolerance issue or your mag well is pinched in the middle.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Numerich gun parts, new floorplate = FIXED!!!

Thanks all.

V
OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top