Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 6:38:08 PM EDT
I seen a picture of an AR with a shotgun mounted underneath the barrel, I think it was an 870 remington. For some reason would that be illegal for a civilian to do that to their ar ; and if their is no law against it does any one know were I could get the mount.  P.S. if any one has some pics I'd appreciate if we could see them .
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What you saw is called the "Masterkey" and is manufactured by a couple companies. I can't remember exactly which ones, but they are out there for about 450 or more. As for legality, yes they are legal, and you have to register it as a AOW (any other weapon), thus your state would have to allow NFA weapons for it to be legal. I believe they hold about 3 rounds of 2.75 inch 12 gauge shells. Pretty neato if u ask me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Knights Armament Company is a manufacturer of the 'masterkey' shotgun for the AR.  Named the 'masterkey' because it will open any door.  Check out the link below for more info and some pics.
www.ghostrecon.net/html/arms_masterkey.htm

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
A couple notes on the MAsteryKey:

First off they cost about $2000.  I've seen them for slightly less, but count on paying about $2000 for the gun and the mount.  The MasterKey was not intended to be used as a sawed-off shotgun.  It was primarily developed to be used with lock buster rounds to breach doors.  Hence, the name MasterKey, as it will open just about any door.  Also consider that the shotgun will become your foregrip.  All points aside, it sure is neat!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
from a legallity standpoint, i think you would have to register teh shotgun as an AOW (if legal in yuour state). you may be able to find somone who could work up a system for less than the knight system.  for extra cool points you could go for a auto shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]

$999

@www.mr40mm.com

but remember that thing is goign to make your gun real heavy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top