Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 8:37:18 PM EDT
I posted over in variants, too, but I thought you guys would like to see it too.

I first cut it down to 12.5" and it still got 2000fps ave from the 250gr Hornady factory load, and ran fine with a .100 gas port. I thought what the hell, let's take it to 10.5" and see what happens––-1875fps ave and it still runs reliably. I have 4 Sig 556 mags and they all feed 9 rounds reliably, a couple will even run with 10 rounds but the spring tension is getting too tight for 100% first shot reliability. I really need a muzzle device of some sort––recoil and muzzle jump isn't that bad, but the flash, it's like a strobe going off in your face. A mag dump at twilight feels like someone shining a Surefire in your eyes!!  Anybody have any suggestions for a flashhider?

Specs:
YHM Gas Block
YHM Carbine FF
SOG VFG
PWA Commando Lower (the first AR lower I ever bought)
Bushmaster Upper and BCG
Sig 556 Magazine
Magpul MIAD, Trigger Guard, and CTR
Primary Arms M3 Clone w/Mount

The business end:

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!  I havent seen one of those yet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it now all you need is a can and your ready  to rock & roll!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Screw a flashhider, I want to see some YouTube videos of you blasting that beast at night!

ETA: Would a can designed for .45 ACP handle the .450 Bushy? If so you need to thread the barrel and add a can
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That weapon would make my Dad's year.

What a hog killer!!

He bought a .458 SOCOM and a .45 Bushmaster to see which one he liked better and insisted they be used to kill a few hogs to test them.

BTW,  My dad has a doctorate in "buying both."
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Chida66.  Better not tell your dad about the 50ae or 50 Beowulf uppers then.   He would want both of them!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top