Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/28/2005 4:35:55 PM EDT
Sportsmansguide has Ram-Line mags and Eagle mags for sale. Just wondering if either are any good. The Eagle 30 rounders are 3 for $25.00 and the Ram-line ones are $20 for 25rds, $25 for 30rds and $30 for 50rds..
Im sure this has been discussed a million times but I need to know which are any good..
Thanks alot
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:41:05 PM EDT
None of the above. Stick to Ruger factory 10 rounders or Butler Creek Steel Lips 25rounders.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:19:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By skeeters65:
Sportsmansguide has Ram-Line mags and Eagle mags for sale. Just wondering if either are any good. The Eagle 30 rounders are 3 for $25.00 and the Ram-line ones are $20 for 25rds, $25 for 30rds and $30 for 50rds..
Im sure this has been discussed a million times but I need to know which are any good..
Thanks alot

I own a 50rnd and two 30rnd from Ram-line and I have not had any problems with them. I have had feeding problems with the Butler Creek 25rnd mags though.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:52:49 AM EDT
never used eagle. ramline has been very spotty. butler creek has been the best for me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 2:48:17 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
i have never had any luck with anything aftermarket.

no hi-caps i have ever used has given good results.

condors
ramlines
butler creek hotlips
butler creek steelips

none work, the best i have used is the stock box mags which have a bunch of bricks through them without a single failure

i have heard great results with the new tactical innovations mags.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:32:35 AM EDT
bump as I've seen these ram-line mags at gander mtn... also wondering about compatability with the butler creek speed loader device (any issues with other than hot-lips mags?)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:44:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ghost-Shooter:
None of the above. Stick to Ruger factory 10 rounders or Butler Creek Steel Lips 25rounders.

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:56:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By graywolf:

+1

are all Butler Creek 25 rd mags steel lipped? I have some pre AWB Butler creeks, don't see any metal on them
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:06:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

Originally Posted By graywolf:

+1

are all Butler Creek 25 rd mags steel lipped? I have some pre AWB Butler creeks, don't see any metal on them

there are steellips and there are hotlips two different mags
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:21:39 PM EDT
I have had great luck with Butler Creek Hot Lips and Steel Lips 25 round mags. The only two Ram-lines I have, (30 round mags) are worse than junk. All during the ban I could have sold them for $50 each but I could not bring myself to even give them away to some unsuspecting SOB. They are that bad IMO.
I have not tried Eagle but a very good friend bought 3 of them right before the ban went into affect. They are worse than my Ram-Lines if that is possible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:35:34 PM EDT
Big Bore..What do you want for your Ram-line 30's? I've had good results with the older RL's in my gun, but it doesn't seem to care for the new production RL's.

Please send me a PM if you are willing to let them go for a reasonable price...

Thx
TD
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:19:26 PM EDT

The factory mags are crap mine came broken i didn't even get a chance to break them my self. For some reason the first 2 and the last 2 rounds would be the only to come out of the mag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:41:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 13thWarrior:

The factory mags are crap mine came broken i didn't even get a chance to break them my self. For some reason the first 2 and the last 2 rounds would be the only to come out of the mag.

when you say broken do you mean that it was cracked or do you mean broken as non-functioning?

if its just not functioning properly then go here and scroll down to #5 and follow the instructions.

if it was broken broken then you should have contacted ruger.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:21:55 AM EDT
I bought a ram line 25 rounder, and the first time i loaded and shot it, about half fired and i had to manually eject the rest, kinda an every other one kinda thing. but i reloaded the mag and tried it again, and every one fired. it had continued to work fine for me since then, but i think i will stick to buttlers
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:42:45 PM EDT
I've got 4 10 round Hot Lips, and they work great. Now that the ban is done, I keep meaning to pick up some 25 rounders, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:48:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 4:54:56 AM EDT by hardcorps1775]

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
i have heard great results with the new tactical innovations mags.

gotta link?

ETA: disregard, found the thread. think i'll stick with stock mags for now...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:00:30 AM EDT

when you say broken do you mean that it was cracked or do you mean broken as non-functioning?

if its just not functioning properly then go here and scroll down to #5 and follow the instructions.

As not working they looked fine from the out side they feed first 2 and last 2 rounds but none in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:07:53 AM EDT

As not working they looked fine from the out side they feed first 2 and last 2 rounds but none in the middle.

try the mag tune and see if that works

Top Top