BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea, I’m inching close to 4 weeks for green duals. Hearing that green monos are up to date seems promising, but I’d bet white duals are gonna be a long wait.
View Quote

Yeah I think you're right.  I think you should be plenty happy with the greens and avoid the wait time!

Also to avoid any confusion I edited my post to reflect I'm only talking about the xls wp BNVDs.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's correct as per that email I sent everyone 3 weeks ago on it. We shut down ordering on the WP XLS tubes in both 14s and BNVDs not long after it was first put up in order to avoid creating a massive backup and lead time as like what happened with the WP HP tubes late summer and fall.

As the Order email mentions also, as tubes for other models wherein customers have been waiting longer come in, those builds are given priority as they should be. In other words, if a shipment of WP HP tubes comes in and people have been waiting a long time at this point on them, those are built first before newer orders of which all of the XLS orders would be newer.

Rest assured you are locked in on the sale price and will not be charged till it's ready to ship. When your unit goes into production you will get an "Order ready action required" email notating that so you can plan. Thanks again everyone!
View Quote

I remember you saying something like this. I've had a few TBIs lmao. Either way, I can not wait!
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No worries.

Folks waiting for XLS WP PVS14s and BNVD SG  with WP XLS tubes placed up to 10/6 should check their emails immediately- some good news in bound!!!
View Quote

Any crumbs for us lowly dual green buyers?
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
:shaking my hand in the air: why can’t Black Friday hurry for a thin filmed wp bnvd!?!?
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
:shaking my hand in the air: why can’t Black Friday hurry for a thin filmed wp bnvd!?!?
View Quote

Same here.  Any idea if that will actually be one of the things on sale.  Ready to pull the trigger on BNVD WP HP+.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same here.  Any idea if that will actually be one of the things on sale.  Ready to pull the trigger on BNVD WP HP+.
View Quote

No clue. I’m pulling the trigger on whatever thin film wp binos for BF, just depends on who runs a good special.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So because lead times are already insane, we are going to do a little something special this year for insiders like our fellow Arfcommers.

Starting on the 17th you can CALL up to get Black Friday sale prices and order ahead of time.

Why? Because the rush that ALWAYS comes the end of the year always pushes lead times into even longer delays. Last year for example lead times doubled the last month of the year due to high demand.

This time around in 2020 we are already starting off with high lead times.

So call NO EARLIER than the 17th (that's next Tuesday) and you can get your Black Friday price ahead of time and get in front of the 100's of orders that come in the end of the month.

You win twice- getting the sale price ahead of time AND not getting behind a few hundred more orders hence cutting down your wait time.  

ONLY available over the phone. Starting Tuesday the 17th.
View Quote

This is awesome!!  Chat with you on Tuesday!
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No worries.

Folks waiting for XLS WP PVS14s and BNVD SG  with WP XLS tubes placed up to 10/6 should check their emails immediately- some good news in bound!!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So because lead times are already insane, we are going to do a little something special this year for insiders like our fellow Arfcommers.

Starting on the 17th you can CALL up to get Black Friday sale prices and order ahead of time.

Why? Because the rush that ALWAYS comes the end of the year always pushes lead times into even longer delays. Last year for example lead times doubled the last month of the year due to high demand.

So call NO EARLIER than the 17th (that's next Tuesday) and you can get your Black Friday price ahead of time and get in front of the 100's of orders that come in the end of the month.

You win twice- getting the sale price ahead of time AND not getting behind a few hundred more orders hence cutting down your wait time.  

View Quote

Awesome! I told my buddy to give you a ring this morning. Talk him into filmless so I can play with it
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Much appreciated, thanks!

It started about 9:01 am yesterday and rang till after hours.  

View Quote

I was 9:03  Thanks for the deal and taking the time to answer some questions.

-AV
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#16]
For those of you who jumped on these, did you opt for the battery port/pack and if not why? I'm very tempted but am currently over thinking this aspect a bit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For those of you who jumped on these, did you opt for the battery port/pack and if not why? I'm very tempted but am currently over thinking this aspect a bit.
View Quote

I didn't. It is a feature I cannot see myself really using due to the single battery. If I want to use the pack as a counter weight i'll just put the batteries in my counter weight pouch. Not worth the money in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Just upgraded to white phosphor xls cia the Black Friday sale. Come on 4/6 weeks
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just upgraded to white phosphor xls cia the Black Friday sale. Come one 12-16 weeks
View Quote

Is that what he quoted you, 12-16 weeks? They were running 4-8 weeks for xls wp. What did you upgrade from?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#22]
how does this tube compare to the hp+ white?

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14-White-Phosphor-High-Performance-1900-3rd-Gen-Autogated-New1900PVS14WPHP.htm
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
XLS WP BNVD we are quoting 4-8 weeks on currently. It's going up now with the massive sales volume but we will shut down all the XLS WP listings Monday to try to keep lead times from getting too out of hand.
View Quote

I’m just stupid and can’t comprehend the English language
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The XLS grade tubes are lower graded tubes than the SLH tubes of which the HP tubes come from. They are further sorted for the HP spec.

In general you are going to see more blems and lower performance from an XLS versus an SLH HP grade.

The only advantages of the XLS would be a lead time of roughly half compared with an HP grade unit right now and the lower price.
View Quote

Those FOM 1900 are xls tubes?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No, they are Elbit SLH tubes which are further graded to make the HP specs.
View Quote

oh okay, i see what you were saying
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, they are Elbit SLH tubes which are further graded to make the HP specs.
View Quote

The only thing I can say about the HP+ specs I got in my BNVDs is "Muy Bueno mi amigo"
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The only thing I can say about the HP+ specs I got in my BNVDs is "Muy Bueno mi amigo"
View Quote

How do they compare to what people are saying in the xls thread? A lot of them are seeing SNR 26-32, 64-70 LP
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How do they compare to what people are saying in the xls thread? A lot of them are seeing SNR 36-32, 64-70 LP
View Quote

IIRC I got 31/30 and 72lp/mm halo @ .7/.9 So if you got numbers like the ones you listed that had a few blems they'd definitely be great tubes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Wanted to update with what I received from my order.

For those looking for "budget" night vision I wanted to share what I bought and received.  I got a set of Night Vision Devices BNVD single gain with the hate it or love it Elbit XLSH tubes, took about 5 weeks from order to delivery.  Straight to the specs...

L/R
EBI 0.62 / 0.77
SNR 29.3/30.1
RES 64 / 64
Halo 0.92 / 0.98
Gain 8370 / 8310
Photo Response 1954/1874

Each tube has a very tiny Z1 blem, visible when staring at light colored wall and turning up the gain.  Otherwise its imperceptible under normal use.  Overall pretty happy!

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

For those looking for "budget" night vision I wanted to share what I bought and received.  I got a set of Night Vision Devices BNVD single gain with the hate it or love it Elbit XLSH tubes, took about 5 weeks from order to delivery.  Straight to the specs...

L/R
EBI 0.62 / 0.77
SNR 29.3/30.1
RES 64 / 64
Halo 0.92 / 0.98
Gain 8370 / 8310
Photo Response 1954/1874

Each tube has a very tiny Z1 blem, visible when staring at light colored wall and turning up the gain.  Otherwise its imperceptible under normal use.  Overall pretty happy!

https://i.imgur.com/ZuMPhtc.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/y6hsY3T.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/wMuwmwh.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/GeM31lj.jpeg
View Quote

Congrats!  

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

L/R
EBI 0.62 / 0.77
SNR 29.3/30.1
RES 64 / 64
Halo 0.92 / 0.98
Gain 8370 / 8310
Photo Response 1954/1874

View Quote

Those are some very good numbers for XLS tubes, very close to mine, definitely worth the money you saved and WP to boot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I just put in an order on 11/23, after the list was off for many weeks. Robert responded to all my emails, I do appreciate it.
If you place an order, do read thru the entire order email carefully. It answers many common question.
The pictures posted here on the WP BNVD looks great!

This is a Good Deal for a 3rd Gen WP. I look at TNVC, and most of them are out of price range, some I can't even buy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

L/R
EBI 0.62 / 0.77
SNR 29.3/30.1
RES 64 / 64
Halo 0.92 / 0.98
Gain 8370 / 8310
Photo Response 1954/1874

View Quote

Specs like this makes me want to order, the downside is getting the 24 snr.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Specs like this makes me want to order, the downside is getting the 24 snr.
View Quote

Well I suppose it's possible, but from what I've seen the bino setups are usually more on the "average" side compared to the monos.  Just my opinion but I think you'd generally be safe from complete garbage specs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well I suppose it's possible, but from what I've seen the bino setups are usually more on the "average" side compared to the monos.  Just my opinion but I think you'd generally be safe from complete garbage specs.
View Quote

Fuck it just ordered, rolling the dice.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:34:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I try to talk anyone who asks out of buying the battery pack and saving themselves the cash. Reason is with the Elbit tubes you will a long battery life so it's not super necessary. Also on the battery pack setup you have to still have a battery in the unit itself even if it's dead.

On the flip side, if you ever want to have a battery pack it absolutely has to be ordered with the unit as it's a different housing.

None of the BNVDs or UL BNVDs in my family's gear has battery packs and I have never regretted it. Your call but if I can save you some bucks on that I'd be happy to.

The XLS WP BNVDs are almost oversold again so we will be shutting that sale down no later than Monday and possibly sooner. We have to do what we can to help control lead times from getting too crazy out of control in this market right now.
View Quote

Good explanation, I was going to ask the same question. Yeah a pack might make sense with a thermal that guzzles batteries, but the estimated 40 hours on a AA is enough to run well into two day/night cycles nonstop.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is there anyway those of us who are waiting on previously placed orders can get a price match to the Black Friday prices?
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn that makes it a little more sweet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Check your email, everyone from this sale "should" have an email in there inbox regarding the price correction. I did pull about 15 hours straight yesterday and my eyes were crossing at the end of the night... so if I missed you just shoot me an email with your full name, etc. so I can be sure yours is corrected.
View Quote

Thanks for working so hard for us Robert it’s appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Damn that makes it a little more sweet.
View Quote

Yep an additional $200 off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly my thought put my order in on 11/23 can’t wait to report back.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#49]
@Lowdown3

What order date are you filling as of now, for the HP WP PVS-14? I’m jonesin really bad and want a bit of time behind the glass before the class I signed up for early next year.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top