Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2015 9:01:15 PM EDT
I had taken my Omega out a couple times shooting with my 11.5" SBR using the QD muzzle brake with ASR mount. It worked fantastic and took the volume down from deafening to about the volume of a loud supersonic 22LR.

I went to change out the mount from ASR to direct thread for my 308 bolt gun. I started to use the spanner wrench on to remove the ASR mount and the suppressor tube actually unthreaded from the core. Obviously this wasn't normal so I contacted SilencerCo via email on a Sunday. By Monday morning they had sent me a prepaid shipping label. I sent it out that night and had it back by the next Tuesday. I was disappointed by the issue but very impressed by Silencerco's service.

I took it out the same day I received it and ran about 80 rounds through my Tikka CTR 308 with the Omega using the direct thread mount. It worked excellent and reduced volume a ton without impacting accuracy.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Front fell off!  

Glad to hear Silencerco took care of you.  They do have great customer service.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That's definitely interesting to see.

Most people will find the SiCo has some of the best CS in the industry, bar none.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
So you had the front cap off while taking off the ASR mount?  Looks cool though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
If you look at the videos, you can see that the Omega tube is screwed into the core and the Saker tube is pressed into the core.

I guess someone didn't use the good tube of Rocksett that day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Amazing. Quick! Take the calipers out! I wanna form 1 this puppy!
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you not take any other pictures of the baffle stack outside of the tube?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Well crap..  Took mine to the range today, got it good and hot, let it cool and went to remove it by hand and my outer sleeve slipped and spun, I was able to tighten the anchor brake and it seemed to tighten everything down,  going to give silencerco a call Monday.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine ended up doing this as well.  Emailed but havent heard back.  Going to call monday.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Interdasting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The core is welded together so no baffles to copy.

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

Yep you can see in the picture it's one solid tube that is welded. I did not take any more pictures but there isn't too much more to see.

I hadn't read stories of anyone having this problem and now it seems like several have reported it. I thought about rocksetting it back together but wanted to have SilencerCo take a look in case there was something else going on. I had asked SilencerCo what the issue was and they said it was from a weld that was not in the proper place.

To me it just looks like the inner is screwed into the outer shell and then rocksetted in. It gets pretty hot on my 11.5 5.56 AR but ran relatively cool on my 20" 308. I wonder if the extreme heat did the rocksett in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I would assume this is designed like the harvester - the outer tube being not structural or necessary for safe function.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Whelp, glad I bought the saker for my first 762 can.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Isn't the tube the registered part? I guess it would be helpful if you had baffle strike or etc and you needed a new core.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Then the question would be why they designed it like that? Should provide reduced weight/complexity if it was designed as a tubeless core/welded stack similar to Ase Utra and SIG. Unless it's a matter of making it easier to warranty the can in event of baffle strikes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would assume this is designed like the harvester - the outer tube being not structural or necessary for safe function.

Then the question would be why they designed it like that? Should provide reduced weight/complexity if it was designed as a tubeless core/welded stack similar to Ase Utra and SIG. Unless it's a matter of making it easier to warranty the can in event of baffle strikes.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm glad I didn't buy into the hype, I'm happy with my Sakers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The outer tube doesn't have anything to do with function. A little rocksett or whatever they use and problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The hype of what? A can that comes apart for simplicity of repair in case a baffle strike? Damn silencerco and their marketing division! Like everyone else said, rocksett it and forget about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I fail to see how a can coming apart on its own is a good feature, but apparently I'm in the minority on this.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I fail to see how a can coming apart on its own is a good feature, but apparently I'm in the minority on this.
View Quote

It didn't come apart on its own.  He was unscrewing parts and other parts came unscrewed as well.  It happens, it's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because it was just the outside cover. It isn't like the baffles fell out. Probably not enough rocksett used or the threads were not cleaned properly before rocksett was applied.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh, probably still going to buy one when the right sale comes along.  If things were falling out in the middle of shooting I would feel differently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top