Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2016 7:30:23 PM EDT

EDIT FROM MOD :  please read note on pg 2.  this isnt gd.

While the Romanian VZ-24 Sniper rifles imported by Century are pretty common, complete sniper rigs are very rare even in Europe.  State-side, only one other "original configuration" rig has popped up. That one is a nice re-arsenaled specimen which was privately imported and is owned by a Gunboards member.

Not a whole lot is known about them. The general though originally was that these were post-war made but the little evidence that has been undug in past few years points to WWII service as well.

This particular rig is non-import marked with original matching Czech barrel. Bore is still quite nice to boot.  Shiny strong lands, some darkness in grooves and no counter-bore.

The scope needs some light exterior TLC, but optically and functionally flawless

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That rifle is a put together rig, as almost all VZ24 snipers are in the US.

Century brought in a bunch of these with the bases intact, then collectors put original rings/scopes on them.

Neat and Uncommon-Yes
Rare-No.

Similar to the Arisaka 97 and 99 snipers today.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Century brought in a bunch of these with the bases intact, then collectors put original rings/scopes on them.

Neat and Uncommon-Yes
Rare-No.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Neat and Uncommon-Yes
Rare-No.

Nobody said it's factory original unit with exact the parts it left the factory. And the VZ24 snipers you are talking about have either Made in India reproduction mounts or random non-original scopes, or both.  This rifle is not import marked.  

then collectors put original rings/scopes on them.

HAH!  Find me a IOR scope in US, I dare you.... (they are exactly two documented and they are attached to their guns).  None were imported into the US by any importer.

IOR mounts....there are maybe 12 in US
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Always trollin' with the same old material every time you are jealous I see.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, that's cool
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, I just like to remind people to keep their grain of salt handy...
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Again ? The same rule of buy the gun not the story applies . Or make up a story that makes the gun once belong to Hitlers grandmothers uncles brothers cousin . You added the stock on a parts gun you bought on gunbroker and are trying to pass it off as a rare sniper rifle used during the Hungarian revolution by Abe Lincoln  I stayed up and spent an hour reading the K98 forum thread about this gun. Turns out it was a gunbroker sporter you bought for $680 and later tried to sell for $2,000 with a military stock instead of a sporter stock .  You really should quit doing this , You got banned at Gunboards and got a time out for the drama on the K98 boards  with this very gun. Our little piece of C&R land is peaceful and laid back. Please allow us to stay that way .

Here is a story for you . When I was a kid in NC , my dad had an 1873 Springfield trap door . He bought it because at the time you could use an antique rifle to hunt during black powder  season in SC , We were shooting the gun next to the place my dad worked into a dirt bank about 100 yards away . one of the guys came out and asked about the gun, Dad said it was his grandfathers rifle and that grandpa had used it in the civil war , The guy not knowing what the gun was assumed it to be true .
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Very, very interesting reads. Thanks for posting. OP I think I've seen that rifle for sale with a sporterized stock...
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Riiiiight....just remember envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

Quoted:
Again ? The same rule of buy the gun not the story applies . Or make up a story that makes the gun once belong to Hitlers grandmothers uncles brothers cousin . You added the stock on a parts gun you bought on gunbroker and are trying to pass it off as a rare sniper rifle used during the Hungarian revolution by Abe Lincoln  I stayed up and spent an hour reading the K98 forum thread about this gun. Turns out it was a gunbroker sporter you bought for $680 and later tried to sell for $2,000 with a military stock instead of a sporter stock .  You really should quit doing this , You got banned at Gunboards and got a time out for the drama on the K98 boards  with this very gun. Our little piece of C&R land is peaceful and laid back. Please allow us to stay that way .

Here is a story for you . When I was a kid in NC , my dad had an 1873 Springfield trap door . He bought it because at the time you could use an antique rifle to hunt during black powder  season in SC , We were shooting the gun next to the place my dad worked into a dirt bank about 100 yards away . one of the guys came out and asked about the gun, Dad said it was his grandfathers rifle and that grandpa had used it in the civil war , The guy not knowing what the gun was assumed it to be true .

Try to keep off-topic shenanigans off this thread, much appreciated.  The gun you are talking about is long gone, good +2 years now. Sold for $1600 directly to a K98kforum or Gunboards member (can't remember which anymore).  He was so happy with it that 6-8 months later he wrote me a long email on what he had people tell him about it as well as how well it shot.  But people with e-beefs with person they don't even know can't seem to move on.

Quoted:

Very, very interesting reads. Thanks for posting. OP I think I've seen that rifle for sale with a sporterized stock...

It would be over 2 years ago, that's when I sold it.  The description clearly stated that the bubba sporter stock was replaced with a vintage VZ-24 stock.  Of course 98kGuy who likes to troll me with that thread/link anytime I post something he's jealous of knows all this but keeps trolling anyways.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#10]
OP be trollin.

It's a put together rifle. Nothing authentic about that. Just because you say it is, doesn't make it so.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP be trollin.

It's a put together rifle. Nothing authentic about that. Just because you say it is, doesn't make it so.

View Quote

It is original configuration sniper-duty VZ24 with correct vintage optics package, albeit non-matching.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP be trollin.

View Quote

This is correct , There is no proof of any of his claims on any of these guns . He comes over to our little C&R part of the world causing drama with his outlandish stories of Sergei Mosin's personal rifle engraved with the symbol of his people. He is apparently an encyclopedia of Mil Surp knowledge in the face of many and a pioneer in the sale of rare  sporterized Milsurps. I bet he does not own a single gun that is just a normal 1 in a million issue rifle. That was not issued to a museum or is a prototype for rust on a rifle or some other rare desirable feature. His threads stir the pot in our normally quiet C&R land . I can not wait until the OP discovers old Smiths and Colts . There is a whole untapped market for his skills and knowledge base on the 1911 boards .  

The K98 boards gave him a time out and an avatar and title .  He got caught lying over there . He needs to realize once he is caught lying about this gun once it hurts the credibility of everything else he says . Now why would you come here and post a story about a gun you claim to have sold if not to troll ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Try to keep off-topic shenanigans off this thread, much appreciated.  The gun you are talking about is long gone, good +2 years now. Sold for $1600 directly to a K98kforum or Gunboards member (can't remember which anymore).  He was so happy with it that 6-8 months later he wrote me a long email on what he had people tell him about it as well as how well it shot.  But people with e-beefs with person they don't even know can't seem to move on.

It would be over 2 years ago, that's when I sold it.  The description clearly stated that the bubba sporter stock was replaced with a vintage VZ-24 stock.  Of course 98kGuy who likes to troll me with that thread/link anytime I post something he's jealous of knows all this but keeps trolling anyways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you are trolling 98k guy , why else would you start a thread about a gun you now claim to have sold 2 years ago , Quoted for posterity
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think you are trolling 98k guy , why else would you start a thread about a gun you now claim to have sold 2 years ago , Quoted for posterity
View Quote

Dude.... It's two totally different guns, just look at the pics ..... That's why he's trolling.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dude.... It's two totally different guns, just look at the pics ..... That's why he's trolling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

So you have 2 of these rare sniper rifles . Why have you not posted the second one on the K98 forums ? These guys are a wealth of knowledge .
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Early on in the thread over on the K98 boards you were trying to pass the stock off as genuine and belonging to the gun (post 25 in the original thread)Then you got caught in a lie .  Then the truth eased out and many people who have a lot of knowledge added to the thread . You were able to prove them all wrong I see .  You have a parts gun , no provenance , no proof , a collection of parts . I am NOT an expert on Mausers . I know enough to not buy the story and buy the gun .  My dad taught me that .  You have epic stories . Here is a place for you to share those .

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_1/153_Books.html
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Here is the right side of the sold gun . I notice it has the same rack number stenciled on it as the gun you posted here . Did you reuse the stock ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like the same gun with a new scope and mount .
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So you have 2 of these rare sniper rifles . Why have you not posted the second one on the K98 forums ? These guys are a wealth of knowledge .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. They are two totally different and unrelated rifles. Only thing they have in common is that by happenstance they are based on the vz24 model.  I can certainly cross post it there if I feel like it or anybody else can.

There IOR snipers are not unknown, just very hard to find a complete rig. Here the one from Julia's auction : http://jamesdjulia.com/item/lot-1104a-czech-mauser-model-vz24-sniper-rifle-34015/
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No. They are two totally different and unrelated rifles. Only thing they have in common is that by happenstance they are based on the vz24 model.  I can certainly cross post it there if I feel like it or anybody else can.

There IOR snipers are not unknown, just very hard to find a complete rig. Here the one from Julia's auction : http://jamesdjulia.com/item/lot-1104a-czech-mauser-model-vz24-sniper-rifle-34015/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They certainly have the same stock number

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/pgaplayerless/36df48b6-6c25-42b9-bdb2-f8f5210da176_zps8093892f.jpg

Here is the right side of the sold gun . I notice it has the same rack number stenciled on it as the gun you posted here . Did you reuse the stock ?
View Quote

That's not the gun that was discussed in that thread. I will dig up the pic/rifle in question.

The pic of the gun you just posted is the one in the OP but I was able to obtain the vintage IOR scope for it
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's not the gun that was discussed in that thread. I will dig up the pic/rifle in question.

The pic of the gun you just posted is the one in the OP but I was able to obtain the vintage IOR scope for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/pgaplayerless/36df48b6-6c25-42b9-bdb2-f8f5210da176_zps8093892f.jpg

The picture I posted was pulled from page 6 of the K98 forum thread . I hosted it myself so that it will not get pulled down,  It is from 2013  You have serious credibility problems. The gun has the same rack number and the same dent in front of the trigger guard as this new sniper rifle .  OP you should stop digging
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same rack number, same dings, same indexing of every fitting.  The only difference is the saturation of the photo.

...and restained your deck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The picture I posted was pulled from page 6 of the K98 forum thread . I hosted it myself so that it will not get pulled down,  It is from 2013  You have serious credibility problems. The gun has the same rack number and the same dent in front of the trigger guard as this new sniper rifle .  OP you should stop digging
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page6?!?  Why don't u click on the link in the #1 post in that thread to see the actual pics???  Here is it for u..... http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?321767-A-sniper-rifle-so-rare-that-it-might-start-a-controversy-%29

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?321767-A-sniper-rifle-so-rare-that-it-might-start-a-controversy-%29

Don't worry, I wouldn't expect an apology from u .... ;)
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Let me do this and help you out .

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#26]
You need to paint your steps . But tell me again those are 2 completely different guns. Page one of the original 2013 thread has no pictures , They showed up on page 6 . That stock it appears turns up on 2 different sniper rifles 3 years apart . I am off to buy a lottery ticket . I hosted both right side pictures as well to make this easy .

Please stop trolling us
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#27]

You need to pay closer attention. The gun discussed in the k98k forum.....as linked in #1 post  not some page 6 post is this:

But like I said, I don't expect you to be able to apologies over your accusations rooted in your own confusion.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Page6?!?  Why don't u click on the link in the #1 post in that thread to see the actual pics???  Here is it for u..... http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?321767-A-sniper-rifle-so-rare-that-it-might-start-a-controversy-%29

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?321767-A-sniper-rifle-so-rare-that-it-might-start-a-controversy-%29

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I looked at the K98 thread . I did not have this link . I will look at it later
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That link is in the OP of that k98 thread.........
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Look, here is the deal, I am not envious, at all....

But every time I see one of these "ultra rare, never been seen before" threads, I am reminded of the shenanigans that went on before.

This rifle MAY be legit, I am not taking any sides on this one, I don't know enough about them to make any sort of call...

I do know German rifles, and a bit about German snipers, enough to start pointing out the inconsistancies of the rifle in the original k98k forums and gunboards threads, which took on a life of their own.

Lots and lots of stories and conjecture by the OP which didn't add up, and then the smoking gun of the original auction found where the base barreled receiver and mount were bought, highly sporterized, which then found their way into a legit military stock set, and was presented as a sniper so rare it might start a controversy, and it did....

There was all sorts of back pedaling and more stories and explanations...but reality was OP was making the claim that this gun was legit when all it was was a bunch of random parts put together, and a story concocted. It was never more than the sum of its parts, and experts from around the world chimed in on the efficacy of the scope, the mounts, and everything, but OP maintained the fiction straight through.

Its like if an art dealer is busted as a forger...would you ever necessarily trust buying art from him again?

I made no comments on the veracity of this current sniper, just posted a reminder of the OP behavior in the past. Everyone can come to their own conclusions.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You need to pay closer attention. The gun discussed in the k98k forum.....as linked in #1 post  not some page 6 post is this:

http://rs628.pbsrc.com/albums/uu4/pgaplayerless/4ea3b068-9483-4e61-946c-902495ac294a_zpse648232d.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

But like I said, I don't expect you to be able to apologies over your accusations rooted in your own confusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://rs628.pbsrc.com/albums/uu4/pgaplayerless/4ea3b068-9483-4e61-946c-902495ac294a_zpse648232d.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

No confusion . I have a picture of the stock on the new rare sniper rifle on another rare sniper , In a picture you posted on K98 in 2013 . A stock that you claim was sold for $1600 and here it is again today . The other gun was a proven parts gun. This appears to be another one. At least the stock gets a lot of miles . Both pictures I posted were your sniper rifle pictures . . So now you are telling me the 1 of 2 gun is 1 of 3 and now a new third gun has arrived . How many of these sniper rifles do you own ? Will you post a group photo ?

I apologize for not knowing there are crates of VZ-24 snipers in Michigan .
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#32]

He never pointed out he "found" an original IOR scope to put on it...reading his OP, I was led to believe the rifle in question was found complete as is...much like the original rarity in the 98k board thread...reality turned out to be much different.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He never pointed out he "found" an original IOR scope to put on it...reading his OP, I was led to believe the rifle in question was found complete as is...much like the original rarity in the 98k board thread...reality turned out to be much different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Op argues claims in the face of overwhelming evidence .  The 2 pictures I posted are both his . one from 2013 one from 2016 , 2 guns same stock , Both claimed as original and then the OP posted what looks like the first gun in a new stock . The OP also claimed the first gun was sold  before posting that picture . Yet the stock came back 3 years later on another gun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No confusion . I have a picture of the stock on the new rare sniper rifle on another rare sniper , In a picture you posted on K98 in 2013 . A stock that you claim was sold for $1600 and here it is again today . The other gun was a proven parts gun. This appears to be another one. At least the stock gets a lot of miles . Both pictures I posted were your sniper rifle pictures . . So now you are telling me the 1 of 2 gun is 1 of 3 and now a new third gun has arrived . How many of these sniper rifles do you own ? Will you post a group photo ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are so confused, you can't even see straight.  Let me simply things so you can actually understand:

This is the gun being discussed in the k98 thread. It is clearly linked in the OP of that thread  to a gunboards thread with pictures
Just figured I might cross post this here for all you experts that do not keep up with the GB forums.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...ontroversy-%29

The gun that's posted on page #6 of that thread IS a DIFFERENT VZ24 sniper:

But is it the SAME VZ-24 posted in the OP here, except with the correct vintage IOR scope:

I know you like to take jabs at me at any opportunity which drove you down this dark and confused path.  It's okay, I understand.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#35]
This thread has been entertaining at least.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The Op argues claims in the face of overwhelming evidence .  The 2 pictures I posted are both his . one from 2013 one from 2016 , 2 guns same stock , Both claimed as original and then the OP posted what looks like the first gun in a new stock . The OP also claimed the first gun was sold  before posting that picture . Yet the stock came back 3 years later on another gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is saying the gun with the rack numbers, and the original gun discussed were two different guns...he sold the controversial gun...this gun shows up in a picture with a completely different scope than it has in the pictures in the OP in this thread...which he never mentioned he found an IOR scope to put on it, so this gun, much like the other was put together.

I have a ZF-41 sniper I put together. Everything is real and correct, mount on rifle, stock, mount and scope....I just happened to buy everything separate and put it together. Its a "real" sniper, but not an original sniper.

But very good catch finding this gun in its original condition...

But it does get confusing with all the subterfuge and such...
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This thread has been entertaining at least.
View Quote

Yep.

OP must be the owner of Mitchells Mausers

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#38]
So the only 2 VZ snipers in the US belong to the OP .??  You claimed it as found and new in the first post . Now it is a parts gun that was already proven in 2013.  So you built and sold another parts gun . the one with better finish ? Although previously in this thread you claimed the 2013 gun was sold . Now it reappears as the new second sniper . .  You should buy a lottery ticket ..
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Aaaah continue to grasping at straws... what false conclusions you chose to come to are not my problem. Nowhere did I say it was "as found", "all original", "matching" or anything of that sort.  I only stated it is in "original configuration" which means all parts are genuine Romanian sniper components not reproductions or substitutes.

The first scope on this ROMANIAN IOR sniper rifle was a Czech Lovec 4x I put on there as place holder since the gun lacked a scope.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So the only 2 VZ snipers in the US belong to the OP .??  You claimed it as found and new in the first post . Now it is a parts gun that was already proven in 2013.  So you built and sold another parts gun . the one with better finish ? Although previously in this thread you claimed the 2013 gun was sold . Now it reappears as the new second sniper . .  You should buy a lottery ticket ..
View Quote

Just give up, you are beyond help in your own confusion
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Aaaah continue to grasping at straws... what false conclusions you chose to come to are not my problem. Nowhere did I say it was "as found", "all original", "matching" or anything of that sort.  I only stated it is in "original configuration" which means all parts are genuine Romanian sniper components not reproductions or substitutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Communicating poorly and acting offended when you are misunderstood helps nobody.  

"Hey, I found an authentic Romanian scope for this Romanian sniper.  Now it looks as it would have from the factory!"  That is all you would have needed to say.

Instead you chose to drag it out for 2 pages.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He never pointed out he "found" an original IOR scope to put on it...reading his OP, I was led to believe the rifle in question was found complete as is...much like
Communicating poorly and acting offended when you are misunderstood helps nobody.  

"Hey, I found an authentic Romanian scope for this Romanian sniper.  Now it looks as it would have from the factory!"  That is all you would have needed to say.

Instead you chose to drag it out for 2 pages.
View Quote

It's not 98kguy that dragged this into 2 pages over his incorrect conclusions. We would be at post #5 with his comment. It's that other guy that can't seem to understand that the k98k thread which 98kguy posted is a totally different and unrelated guns. He's off to the lala land with his accusations. LMAO. :D
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
We had a batch of those come through FAC when I worked there.

None of them had the scope mount or scope, but had the bases on the receiver.

IO came out with a repro scope mount (I" tubes) and I fitted one up with a Weaver scope for one of my buddies. The

View Quote

Century Arms got lucky and got 2-3 of original mounts in the bottom of one of the crates that had the imported IOR snipers.  Vic Thomas (ex-Gunboards owner) was there for it. Steve Kehaya (former big wig at CAI) confirmed that story previously.  But no scopes ever made it here in imports.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#45]
locked until i have time to edit.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#46]
for edits
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top