Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 11:00:31 AM EDT
colt preban 20" hbar............too heavy to go feral hog hunting with.

sooooo, i was going to either

1.  buy bushmaster 20" gov't profile barrel and swap
2.  buy JT distributing 16" complete upper
3.  buy model 1 sales 16" superlight complete upper
4.  hold out money to buy a bushmaster 16" superlight upper
5.  buy a complete M4 style upper

which would you do?  or would you go a different route?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
18" Fluted upper with a carbon free float tube (weight reduction). Flat top or A2 is your decision. But that's what I would do and plan on doing in the near future.
18" has very similar shooting characteristics to the 20" while maintaining weight sloser to the 16" and a full sight picture while looking propetional.
My .02
Have fun with whatever you decide on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to use an optic, I'd go with the M4.  Otherwise, I'd do the barrel swap.

The sight radius is too short on the M4 for optimum accuracy with iron sights, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
the gov't profile barrel may be what i do initially (depending on if they have one for sale at gunstock or not)

however, ultimately i do want to get a short complete new upper for it for compatability with a collapsible stock (if im gonna have an evil preban it might as well be as evil as i can get it)
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
its not in their catalog, only the barrel, will bushmaster even make you a complete upper using the 16" superlight?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster will make you an upper with any and all parts/options that they sell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top