Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:40:14 PM EDT
Hi, I have searched and still am at a loss for what to do.
I am looking at 4 options.

1) Stag 2h m4 kit from legal tranfers for $599 shipped

2) cmmg/ffe caveman kit with chrome lined barrel for $599 shipped.  No rear sight though.

3) Del-ton 16" mid length flat top m4 ramps and chrome lined barrel $560 shipped. no rear sight.

As much as I want to keep it on the cheap side I am debating going a better route.

4) rra stock, lpk, and 2 stage trigger, bcm upper and bcg complete, and rear sight for about $1k shipped.

I will use the gun for range use, varmints, hunting, and would like to use wolf ammo here and there. If the kits will fit the bill and be reliable, great. But if it is necessary to get better, then I will pony up the $$$. Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi, I have searched and still am at a loss for what to do.
I am looking at 4 options.

1) Stag 2h m4 kit from legal tranfers for $599 shipped

2) cmmg/ffe caveman kit with chrome lined barrel for $599 shipped.  No rear sight though.

3) Del-ton 16" mid length flat top m4 ramps and chrome lined barrel $560 shipped. no rear sight.

As much as I want to keep it on the cheap side I am debating going a better route.

4) rra stock, lpk, and 2 stage trigger, bcm upper and bcg complete, and rear sight for about $1k shipped.

I will use the gun for range use, varmints, hunting, and would like to use wolf ammo here and there. If the kits will fit the bill and be reliable, great. But if it is necessary to get better, then I will pony up the $$$. Thanks for any input.

I have a stag m2 H and i love it but i would go with CMMG just because i wanna try something new. lol but my stag is awesome. Your getting them cheap
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Go Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll vote for Del-Ton. I've got an upper from them, and it has been great. Reliable, and well built.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Built 8 - 10 rifles from Del-Ton kits.  One of the better kits I have used.  Great customer service too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
J&T
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used the CMMG/FFE kit and the Stag. The CMMG came with a removeable carry handle sight. The Stag came with a MI BUIS. All in all, I prefer the Stag. You can't go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#7]
My daughters rifle has a Stag 3H upper on it, I was going to change the sights anyway so why pay for them?  One word of advice, don't overtighten the railed gas block screws.  The off-side is thin and you'll pull the threaded section out.  Ask me how I know.  I'm putting a YHM front sight tower on it anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Rob
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top