Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:17:43 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend gun shops in Northern Virginia that sell 30-round AR15 mags? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:25:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 2:25:48 PM EDT by Quien]
I know VA Arms has some.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:28:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Quien:
I know VA Arms has some.



+1 I was there yesterday, and they had a whole crapload (that's a lot) of them.



Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:13:06 PM EDT
Thanks! About how much $ are we talking about here? I guess the prices won't be as good as online.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:54:19 AM EDT
I think they sell Brownell, D&H, NHMTG, Bushmaster, and Colt mags. The first three are around $17-$18. Bushy mags maybe $19-$20. Colt at $23-$24. They also sell Magpul mag accessories.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:21:02 AM EDT
You might be able to catch one of the shows up there in the Dulles Expo center. I found a guy there that was selling USGI 30's for $5 each. He had Adventureline, Colt, Okay, you name it and it was in the box. I bought a bunch of the Adventurelines and they function flawlessly even with the old black followers. Go here: www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=21, looks like the next Chantilly show is Nov. 18-20. MJD
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 3:19:01 PM EDT by Mike__H]
Thanks everyone! I drove to VA Arms this afternoon and got myself a coule of D&H mags. That's my own way of doing the one-finger salute to MD politicians who banned mags over 20 rounds.

While I was there, I overheard an unhappy customer talking to his wife. The guy walked in to buy a handgun for defense. However, since he didn't know much about shooting, the sales clerk recommended that he start with a .22LR. The guy was mightily offended.

Then there was another guy who wanted a .45 and wouldn't be seen holding a 9mm Luger handgun because he heard it doesn't have enough stopping power.

My own dose of gunshop education came when I asked if they carry Wolf in .223 rem. The lesson was something about steel casings and lacquer finish ... http://taiwanmilitary.org/mikeh/albums/album10/DSC01775_copy_2.jpg

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:16:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike__H:
Thanks everyone! I drove to VA Arms this afternoon and got myself a coule of D&H mags. That's my own way of doing the one-finger salute to MD politicians who banned mags over 20 rounds.

While I was there, I overheard an unhappy customer talking to his wife. The guy walked in to buy a handgun for defense. However, since he didn't know much about shooting, the sales clerk recommended that he start with a .22LR. The guy was mightily offended.

Then there was another guy who wanted a .45 and wouldn't be seen holding a 9mm Luger handgun because he heard it doesn't have enough stopping power.

My own dose of gunshop education came when I asked if they carry Wolf in .223 rem. The lesson was something about steel casings and lacquer finish ...

Gratuitous picture of my new mag:

taiwanmilitary.org/mikeh/albums/album10/DSC01775_copy_2.jpg





It works good for 65% of the people out there, the other 35% want there money back. It is harder on extractors and I've personally seen a stuck steel case in one of Hoplophiles ARs. Why not use what the ARs was designed to use? Wolf works great in AKs and SKSs though and that's what they were designed to use and that's what I use in mine.
Top Top