Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 4:10:21 PM EDT
seen it before---looks like a good product---anybody have it?---where the hell are they can't find em'---thanks in advance to all----tatman
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent you an email about one I have FS.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This one?

[url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1543[/url]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a better idea.

Get you an Otis cleaning kit and you wont need one. You also wont have to worry about scaring up your barrel trying to push a tight patch.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#4]
dennysguns on the EE has them.
I've never dealt with them before so I can't comment if there good people to deal with though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one from Chuck at Dennys a few weeks ago, and the thing works like a champ. with the o-ring on the tip I have no worries about solvents getting into the lower or anywhere else except where they belong.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:42:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got a better idea.
Get you an Otis cleaning kit and you wont need one. You also wont have to worry about scaring up your barrel trying to push a tight patch.
View Quote

Duuhhh, The bore guide "prevents" the condition ya described there James_Gang. It's designed to center your bore brush and jag, so the throat and bore are lined up and NO scarring occurs.

BTW, the Otis claim to fame is how easy it is to "pull" a tight patch. (about the only postive thing, from a bore cleaning perspective, I can see w/'em, YMMV)

The best way to rid your AR15 bore of copper fouling IMO is w/ a bore guide, a Dewey (or similar rod) and serious bore cleaner.

A chamber brush such as those sold by GPSS, (link above) also comes in very handy, for cleaning the lugs and while the solvent port RayVin is my choice, the Denny's model works well for those who don't know how to hold the bore guide while vigorously brushing the bore, (something someone with a Otis kit can never do).

Mike
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top