Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 9:27:24 AM EDT
Ae they darker than Bushmaster? I plann to do either JT upper or Bushmaster. Color diffs?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It could be diff. ya never know. Your goin to shoot this arent you or enter it in a beauty contest? . Its a TOOL. They get banged around and used.  If you want a safe queen get a complete rifle from one manufactor and you ran a better chance of gettin colors to match.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Dark Black.  I just built two.  I love those receivers, MAN!

The finish is not too gritty like Bushy, but it's not slick.  It's just right.

But they're not Gray at all.  I have both of my recent builds on bushy uppers, and they match pretty good colorwise.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dark Black.  I just built two.  I love those receivers, MAN!

The finish is not too gritty like Bushy, but it's not slick.  It's just right.

But they're not Gray at all.  I have both of my recent builds on bushy uppers, and they match pretty good colorwise.

WTF, I thought you were a Colt whore?

ETA:  The finish on my Eagle AR-10 lower is quite nice.  Here is a pic:

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have two 3 uppers from J&T, and just got an Eagle Arms lower.  Match is very good, near perfect.  And that is dry. You'll be well pleased.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WTF, I thought you were a Colt whore?

I got into EAGLE about 8 years ago when S.A.W. used to sell them.  I like to use bushy upper halves for building guns, and I would never put non-COLT parts on a Colt receiver.

I have two COLTS and three Eagles.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top