Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 12:06:37 PM EDT
what would be a fairly inexpensive, relatively accurate, reliable, and compliant AR-15 type rifle for a person in NY state?  it would have to be in post ban config (ban compliant)...so no flash hiders, no collapsable stocks, etc....

i was looking into an AR possible....those preban SP1s look awfully good right about now, but pricey.

how is Star arms?  what about Olympic?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up top and click the HOMETOWN button... Im sure someone from your area can help you find the answers to all of your question...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Look up top and click the HOMETOWN button... Im sure someone from your area can help you find the answers to all of your question...

im just looking for an AR in post ban config..this IS the AR section....

hometown is more for legal questions and events...

You guys all dealt with the AWB not long ago, so whats some good suggestions for an intro level AR, not complete garbage, but I dont need a $1200 varmet rifle either
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]

I built this very inexpensively to use until I move out of Postbanistan.  DPMS complete upper from RGuns.net for $399, Stag stripped lower $94, DPMS LPK for $50.  Furniture came off the used parts section of the EE.  It runs flawlessly with every ammo I've tried, and balances very nicely.  I would avoid using one of the cheesy fake collapsible stocks.  Pre-Ban magazines pop up on the EE all the time, so you should have no problem buying NY legal USGI mags.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
i was thinking of just a regular upper like that, but no muzzle break...just a crowned muzzle...no stainless steel barels either...i dont like them

thats a good price for an AR...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top