Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:44:57 PM EDT
I was just looking at the RMR's... what is with Trijicon and that "amber" reticle?

I think the RMR needs to be battery powered and fiber optic in RED, but its with a battery and no fiber or fiber and no battery... maybe red fiber optic with green battery power for low light...

I have never been satisfied with anything I look at from them... so I have never spend the $1600+ it would take to get a Acog CLOSE to how I want it...

that's my vent and I'm sticking to it...............
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
That's all ya got....?

2/10

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's all ya got....?

2/10

I'm giving a 4/10 simply because he used a rainbow. I don't see rainbow slides in rants too often
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Good then dont... Go get a degree and figure out how to make it yourself and then makes millions of dollars
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
A battery powered Trijicon product!?......Really!?....But tritium is how they makes there livin'. My ACOG makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside cause' I know it will always work, at least for the next 10 years or so.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I dunno, I love my TR21 with the amber triangle reticle.  Works great in all lighting conditions.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I too have looked over many trijicon products and found them wanting everytime

The reticle is too hard to make out quickly, the eye relief is too short

The biggest complaint is that it is a 4x fixed power optic––––––-they want $1000 plus for––––-it makes no sense the acog should be priced nearer to the Aimpoint $500-$700 tops there is no way it is worth the $1200 they ask for with the glaring short comings and the new 1-4x scopes that are coming out now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
YES !!!!
9/10 for sound argument -1 point for no mention of Obama

Trijicon are utter bastards !
They have the optics market completely cornered with their dolphin loving, planet saving  lib-tard battery less sights and their gay agenda promoting fruity reticule colors !

If only there were some other companies out there to offer us manly men meat eaters a real electrics scope with crosshairs the color of fresh deer blood......
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was just looking at the RMR's... what is with Trijicon and that http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2006/163/d/2/rainbow_bang_by_raven554.gif "amber" reticle?

I think the RMR needs to be battery powered and fiber optic in RED, but its with a battery and no fiber or fiber and no battery... maybe red fiber optic with green battery power for low light...

I have never been satisfied with anything I look at from them... so I have never spend the $1600+ it would take to get a Acog CLOSE to how I want it...

Amber is a very good color for people with color deficiencies.  I have slight problems with various colors and was able to get my armorer to actually order an ACOG with the Amber reticle.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]

I do fine with red, green, or amber.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the thing.
You don't like Trijicon products don't buy them, nobody is twisting your arm and they get plenty of business without yours.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I too have looked over many trijicon products and found them wanting everytime

The reticle is too hard to make out quickly, the eye relief is too short

The biggest complaint is that it is a 4x fixed power optic––––––-they want $1000 plus for––––-it makes no sense the acog should be priced nearer to the Aimpoint $500-$700 tops there is no way it is worth the $1200 they ask for with the glaring short comings and the new 1-4x scopes that are coming out now.

Buy it once, trash the shit out of it repeatedly, have it completely serviced, no questions asked.  Forever.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
YES !!!!

They have the optics market completely cornered with their dolphin loving, planet saving  lib-tard battery less sights and their gay agenda promoting fruity reticule colors !

If only there were some other companies out there to offer us manly men meat eaters a real electrics scope with crosshairs the color of fresh deer blood......

Your logic is backwards and just plain pointless. The fact that they don't use a battery has nothing to do with "lib-tard" or "manly men"... IF anything being free of battery dependence in your primary optic is a good thing in a survival situation/long term OP... Battery on a weapon = weakness. It's a battle of the benefit of the light or optic verse the dependence on battery power and I say of you can skip that on the optic and it works for you, then good.

Not to mention, REAL men don't need fancy over priced video game boy electric scopes they get it done with irons.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was just looking at the RMR's... what is with Trijicon and that http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2006/163/d/2/rainbow_bang_by_raven554.gif "amber" reticle?

You are a tool.  Obviously you have never used an ACOG, and one with an amber reticle...

Try one before you bitch.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
YES !!!!

Your logic is backwards and just plain pointless. The fact that they don't use a battery has nothing to do with "lib-tard" or "manly men"... IF anything being free of battery dependence in your primary optic is a good thing in a survival situation/long term OP... Battery on a weapon = weakness. It's a battle of the benefit of the light or optic verse the dependence on battery power and I say of you can skip that on the optic and it works for you, then good.

Not to mention, REAL men don't need fancy over priced video game boy electric scopes they get it done with irons.

I'm pretty sure there was a hint of sarcasm in there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
YES !!!!

LOL.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
YES !!!!

and don't forget to have it emit the sweet smell of bacon while you are looking thru it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Remember folks; Save the whales, but shoot the seals
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Remember folks; Save the whales, but shoot the seals

No, no, no!!!!!!! You must beat the seals to a pool of mush with your buttstock to be a manly man. Remember, the baby ones are best!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe I am missing something here, but the RMR does come in battery powered with a red dot
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
YES !!!!

No sir, you are backwards and pointless, i have a green laser, flashlight and a red/green eotech, all of which I got on Ebay, on my 10/22 and i can assure you that i am manly in ways that you can only imagine.....
Also batteries= weakness, I have no worries about running out of AA's, as my wife thoughtfully stockpiles them in the drawer next to her bed.

Sadly it doesn't emit the smell of bacon, but I have a modified speed stock that accepts a Ball Park if it's carefully cut into 2 1/2" lengths......

Good day !

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No sir, you are backwards and pointless, i have a green laser, flashlight and a red/green eotech, all of which I got on Ebay, on my 10/22 and i can assure you that i am manly in ways that you can only imagine.....
Also batteries= weakness, I have no worries about running out of AA's, as my wife thoughtfully stockpiles them in the drawer next to her bed.

Sadly it doesn't emit the smell of bacon, but I have a modified speed stock that accepts a Ball Park if it's carefully cut into 2 1/2" lengths......

Good day !

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#24]
something went terribly wrong here...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top