Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 8:16:37 PM EST
What are OTIS cleaning/bore brushes made of? Will it be safe to use them w/ shooters choice copper remover? the instruction said not to use Phospor bronze brushes. i dont know what material is my OTIS brush. Will the shooters choice make it brittle or destroy it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:33:57 PM EST
If the Otis brush is copper based (phos bronze is copper and tin while brass is copper and zinc), which I belive it is .... then Shooters Choice will start to disolve it (Sweets 7.62 is similar at killing brushes).

Also any brass / bronze clamps on the cable will be attacked (have not use the OTIS for a few years ... left with the brother out of state).
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:10:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By JTinIN:
If the Otis brush is copper based (phos bronze is copper and tin while brass is copper and zinc), which I belive it is .... then Shooters Choice will start to disolve it (Sweets 7.62 is similar at killing brushes).

Also any brass / bronze clamps on the cable will be attacked (have not use the OTIS for a few years ... left with the brother out of state).

So what kind of bore brush should i use w/ Shooters choice/ since most brush on the market are made out of bronze or brass.
Top Top