Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:03 PM EDT
What can you use to re-finish AR15 mags that I can get local...I want to refinsh them without having to mail order anything and no place close sells a dry molly lube, or moolB coating....any help would be great...

I have 32 magazines that I want to refinish I already have green folowers and new springs for most of them.

well I finished I used
Brand: LPS
Item: Force 842(dry molly Lubricant)
Where I got it.....Local air field industrial supply shop

Lighting was bad sorry.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Dura coat would be my pick. Although members have had great results with Perma Silk
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dura coat would be my pick. Although members have had great results with Perma Silk

Yes but thats mail order I want something I can get LOCALY LOL
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried for a while to find anything locally. Dont bother. You wont find any kind of dry film lubricant or teflon moly coat around unless you got an industrial supply center. The best you will get for cheap is krylon. IMO it looks and works fine. Just not quite the same thing though. Bite the bullet and get some by mail order.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried for a while to find anything locally. Dont bother. You wont find any kind of dry film lubricant or teflon moly coat around unless you got an industrial supply center. The best you will get for cheap is krylon. IMO it looks and works fine. Just not quite the same thing though. Bite the bullet and get some by mail order.

I think I might have found two sources of supply...one an industrial store that is closed on the weekends ill call them in the morning...the other is through the 3rd shop armory on Ft. Sill...im gonna see if they have a few half empty can lying around from when they do there refinishing of certian items there....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you choose, try it on a sample of mags in your rifles first.  Surprisingly, some of my mags which dropped free when they had a well worn finish failed to do so after refinishing with Perma Silk.  So, be careful not to apply it too thick.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
got some from an industrial supply store bought 2 cans for $32.00 but only needed on can finished 33 mags they are dryig now used a industrial"Dry Moly Luburicant" and the color is great and it seems to have a very smooth finish...BURN!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top