Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 8:41:10 AM EDT
has anyone had any problems using wolf or any other ammo that has that sticky laquer like coating in a non-chromelined barrel? i've heard that they will (sometimes) fail to extract due to the chamber getting warm and causing the coating to get even stickier.  i really didn't wanna pay the extra 50-60 bux for a chrome-lined, plus i've heard they're not as accurate (wonder if that's what's up w/my ak?), but i plan on shooting wolf and any other super-cheap ammo i can get ahold of.  btw- what kinda accuracy are y'all gettin out of the wolf?

thanx
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard that some have had that happen but I have yet to experience that .I shoot wolf and Barnal all the time and have never had it happen.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You'd rather have a non-chrome-lined barrel because they are more accurate(not user noticeable) but you want to shoot Wolf ammo out of it? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot Wolf out of my Stainless steel barrel.  I haven't had any ammo related problems.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You'd rather have a non-chrome-lined barrel because they are more accurate(not user noticeable) but you want to shoot Wolf ammo out of it? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
View Quote

LOL, good point. i guess i want to be able to run wolf most of the time, but still have the accuracy when i really need it.

sounds like (from the replies) chrome lining doesn't make that much of a difference.  that kinda sux, i was hoping to use that as an excuse to "go cheap".  what kinda accuracy are y'all gettin out of wolf?  i know it sux in my AK, but all i've ever ran is wolf an barnaul so maybe it's the ammo, maybe it's the rifle. i can't keep 'em smaller than 7 or 8" @ 100yds, but then i grab my buddy's AR and make a little three incher just playin around.  of course, his was loaded with PMC so that could be some of the reason.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The Maryland ar15 site has an ongoing [url=http://groups.msn.com/THeMarylandAR15ShootersSite/markmanschallenge.msnw]Marksman Challenge[/url].  I shot a 20 out of 20 16X using wolf ammo and iron a2 sights.  I think wolf gets a really bad rap from a lot of shooters.  Under 100 yards I can't tell the diffence between wolf or Federal match grade ammo, [b]but I'm not a bechrest type shooter.[/b]Understandably, the benchrest guys have a case to make with regards to accuracy, but I think the average plinker ain't gonna notice any difference.

I've shot 1000's of rounds of wolf in many different weapons of various calibers and I've never had an ammo related failure.  It is a little dirtier than domestic stuff.

All that being said I understand that a lot of folks have a problem buying it because it is Russian made.  After all, the Russians were sworn enimies for over 50 years.  However, I wonder if those same people have any second thoughts about buying anything at all from our good friends the Chinese.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top