Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 12:57:06 PM EDT
Has anyone used this ammo.A friend of mine bought some of the 55 grain ballistic tips from cabelas for his brand new bushy varmiter.He is having some feeding issues.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't had any problems...I have fired about 1k through my LMT and DPMS rifles.  It's usally on sale at DICKS once a month for 150 rounds for 25 bucks or so. Good range ammo for me, and its not as dirty as wolf.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I won't shoot it in anything I own.  I bought some 45acp a few years back, and it had three primers in the bottom of the bag.  On top of that, I had problems with underloaded rounds and accuracy was sub par.
Several cases were cracked, and I think I had some other problems too, but I can't recall.

The second pack wasn't as bad, but I still had cracked cases and bullets improperly seated.

This was in a SA 1911.

All of this was within two "bulk packs" I bought...the second was in exchange for the first 250 being AFU. (went through maybe half the pack, with over ten obvious bad)

After that I switched to UMC, Speer and other "new" ammo.

I have heard similar tales from others on this board, so I have heard no reason to change my mind yet.  I have nothing against reloads, but not from Ultracrap.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Junk,

Bought some a DICKS for my Bushy varminter special, the 150rd value packs.

Had 4 FTF's, accuracy was horrible IMO, like 3"@100yds.

Strictly reloads(handloads) for me now.... keeps em' tight around 1/2"@100ydshile
JMHO
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Records of K-booms with it.... although they sell a shitload of it thru Cabelas.  Too many other options out there for one with this spotty history.

I wont shoot it.  No way, no how.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at the range and there was a guy shooting another guy shooting an AR.  He gave me a hand full of ultramax to test out.  They looked fine and every round fired fine although my accuracy was terrible.  I don't think I will ever buy any ultramax  for my self.  I can get better stuff for cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top