Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2008 3:48:53 PM EDT
is it easy to shoot two eyes open with the accupoint on the 1.25X? close to a aimpoint?
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It's made to be used with both eyes open, but it's not like an aimpoint due to the differences in the optics. The Accupoint has parallax issues (like all scopes).
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't find my manual, but I could have sworn that it stated that there was no parallax on the 1.25-4x. Ill see if I can dig it up.

I've really enjoyed mine. Perhaps not quite as fast as my EOTech at CQB ranges, but certainly not bad. Much better out to 200 yards or so. For my purposes, the time I may lose up close, I gain at distance. I think it's a great compromise.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Had my accupoint 1x4 out. Don't see anything stating 'parallax free' in the manual. Or any of the paper in the box. Maybe the web site?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
If it is a magnified optic, it has paralax.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If it is a magnified optic, it has paralax.

Correct, any magnified optic has parallax.  Some are fixed at a certain distance (ACOG, AccuPoint etc) and some are adjustable.  The AccuPoint is very easy to use with both eyes open.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top