Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:09:55 PM EDT
Alright I have followed you all's directions and built three wonderful ar-15's.

Now, I would like to take the next step, How /What do I do to the trigger to make it smoother? I have a Stag lower with DPMS parts kit in it. Short of buying a custom trigger, any tips for smoother less pull on the trigger?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:30:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:28:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 7:28:50 PM EDT by r4nger]
/\
|
|
|
|

The 15 minute trigger job rocks!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:38:04 PM EDT
While once a huge fan of the 15 min trigger job....just keep in mind this has no place on any weapon that might be used for defense. I did it to all my weapons, until during several training classes, I had many, many light strikes on Q3131A with seemingly tougher than average primers.

On a bench rifle - go for it. For defense or competition..... go stock, or spend the money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:29:39 AM EDT
It's ya'lls NOT you all's
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:39:29 AM EDT
actually, it's: y'all
contraction of you & all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:39:45 AM EDT
As Always, thank you for the info. Looks like I will spending fifteen minutes with my rifle this weekend.

You all
Y'all

What ever, around here it is Youns.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:43:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
While once a huge fan of the 15 min trigger job....just keep in mind this has no place on any weapon that might be used for defense. I did it to all my weapons, until during several training classes, I had many, many light strikes on Q3131A with seemingly tougher than average primers.

On a bench rifle - go for it. For defense or competition..... go stock, or spend the money.

I don't want to be disrespectful of FALARAK because he's probably forgotten more about AR's than I'll be able to figure out, but the 15-minute trigger job can be made, quite easily from what I've found, to work just fine with any/all ammo. I had the same problem with light strikes, but I found a solution....

Simply grind off the tail of the hammer to lighten up the hammer. This is a bit counter-intuitive, but since you have less spring pressure acting on the hammer due to the cut spring leg, you have to reduce its mass to get more acceleration out of it. I've done side-by-side comparisons on ground-off/unground hammers with the same spring, and the ground-off hammer always pops the primers unless the round is just bad. I've only had one Wolf round in the last 6 months or so of shooting not go off no matter how many times I hit it.

Here's some pics of how much I take off them and it works like a charm.
Hammer pics

I have a ground-down hammer and cut springs on my home-defense rifle, and I don't worry about it at all. It's proven itself to me over the last 6 months of shooting it with the lightened hammer.

Top Top