Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 4:58:41 PM EDT
is there a way to touch up a lite scatch about a inch long?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good God.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry but I have I have $1500 in this firearm and I want it looking new. I have a half dozen AKs thatr I can beat up if I wanted to
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother gives me crap about scratches, but they really piss me off.. Try Birchwood Casey Aluma black.. I used it to touch up a couple and it is a good match.. Bushmaster also has a touch up pen. I have used a sharpie on really small ones but a one incher might show if you touch up with a sharpie marker. I have been told to "vacuum seal it and hang it on a wall". (seriously) But if I spent that much on the thing Im going to keep it nice.. John
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if his good god comment meant that you are a picky little snot and get over it and move on with your life or if good god means that you think a 1" scratch is little? It's huge.

Nothing is going to look good unless you have the entire upper/lower refinished to match.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok thanks for the info
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a bushmaster,aka a service rifle,a few scratches will add charachter,Besides if you have to use it for reel the enemy wont care about the scratches he will be more worried about the muzzle flashes coming his way,baby a colt it has more collector value,a bushy is a field rifle and cost wont change that fact,my preban is 11 years old 15k+ rounds out of it a few scratches here and there but it dont effect function.What are you going to do when you start getting finish wear on the inside of the magwell.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#7]
[url=http://black-oxide.com/steel-zinc-aluminum-blackening.html]look here[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually just touch up scratches with a Sharpie, but I don't know if they come in purple.

:)
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
mine is black?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Make a scratch on the other side, matching length and position.

Call 'em "Racing Stripes"

Seriously.  I got all freaked out when I got my first ding on my AR, but fuck it.  It's gonna get dinged.  Now, I DID freak out when the thing fell outta the safe, and the barrel smashed down muzzle-first on the concrete.  But I was more concerned with fucking up the front sight, or bending the barrel than looks.  It's gonna get beat up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good God.
View Quote

[ROFL2]

What do you do about brass marks on the deflector?

J/K Just bustin' your balls.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top