Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 4:28:18 PM EDT
I have new RRA u/l the front pin lug is nice and tight.  The rear will not allow full closure.  Most of mine I can snap once or twice and they close.  This one will not.  Should I hone it with a stone, open and close the action until it wears in (which it is already closing more from about 5-10 closures) or tap closed with a rubber mallet.  Any opinions with experience would be appreciated.
Rad
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]

There is a thread on Build It Yourself titled "Lowers that do not fit" that may be what you are looking for. You might also search the last few weeks on BIY for others. Seems like this comes up fairly often with RRA lowers.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
i would avoid using any type of stone. you may want to polish up the upper a little bit. but in time they will go together. I had a RRA matched upper and lower that took tools to seperate and put back together. after a while of putting them together and taking them apart you could do it without tools.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the same problem with two different BM uppers and a RRA lower.  I applied copious amounts of CLP on the rear lug, inverted the rifle to brace the upper on a table and pressed down on the buttstock (while a friend was holding the upper steady) until I could snap the pin in place.  After shooting a few hundred rounds the fit was still tight, but not so tight that force was again required to attach the upper.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks bookhound.  Did almost the exact same thing.  Has shot in great supper tight fit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My RRA fit is snug as well, but after about 20 off/on's it's much better.  I just use plenty of CLP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Same results here. Tight at first. Loosening up with use. I bought some Accu-wedges based on what I have read about sloppy fits. RRA's have proven not to need Accu-wedges. Maybe in a few years? Otherwise, I am very happy with the precise fitting, other than wasting 2 whole dollars on an unnecessary Accu-wedge.[:E]

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top