Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 1:36:19 PM EDT
i have been doing some thinking on buying an m4........but i would like some advice on what is the best........so far bushmaster looks good.....but i don't know yet.......so..feel free to give me some pointers.......thanx.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang out here for a few weeks and you will learn which AR is right for you.

Everyone has their opinion on which is best, and a lot of factors come into play especially $$$$

If you have the money to spend, I would say Colt.
If you want a bit cheaper I would say RRA.

My 2 cents

P.S. This queation comes up daily!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i have been doing some thinking on buying an m4........but i would like some advice on what is the best........so far bushmaster looks good.....but i don't know yet.......so..feel free to give me some pointers.......thanx.

There is no definitive best brand regardless of what anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) says. There are a few companies that should be avoided like the plague (Hesse and Vulcan Arms) but beyond that, you can't go wrong.

My advice to you would be to spend lots and lots of time researching ARs on this site. Get a paid membership so you can search back further than 30 days. That will give you access to the archives which go back years.

BTW, did I mention that someone starts a thread like this (e.g. I'm looking for "the best" AR, Need advice on buying my first AR) nearly every other day? Seriously. This subject is discussed and debated on a consistent basis. Also, do you happen to know what "AGNTSA" means? If you don't you will by the time this thread has run it's course.

Oh yeah, welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
thanx boys...that helps alot...you see bushmaster is the only m4 i have fired so...of course i liked it...much more acurate than my ak-47...........
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanx boys...that helps alot...you see bushmaster is the only m4 i have fired so...of course i liked it...much more acurate than my ak-47...........

Bushmaster makes a fine rifle and many others do as well. It's only natural to "fall in love" with the first AR you shoot but it's not particular brand of rifle that you love as much as just shooting an AR period.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a noob question that might fit in here a bit?

Why do the Polymer Type AR mags state that they do not work in Bushmasters???
What is different about Bushmaster ARs than other ARs???  Is their Mag Well different.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]
bushmaster was not the first ar i have fired...it was the first m4 i have fired...when i was in high school the marine corps recuiter took some of us out that wanted to join to the range....he let us fire an m-16 a3 on burst.....that was nice.....and on the q....i'm not to shure if it is a diferent mag well.....but i would say yes just for the fact that bushmaster might make more money if a person wasent able to use non bushmaster made mags.....but on the other hand it is an ar.......sooo.....i personaly think all of there diferent ar's should have interchangable parts and all........it is an american weopon after all......
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I would also look at RRA. For fit finish and dollars I dont think you can go wrong
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a noob question that might fit in here a bit?

Why do the Polymer Type AR mags state that they do not work in Bushmasters???
What is different about Bushmaster ARs than other ARs???  Is their Mag Well different.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=190108--i forgot why--b/c i no longer use orlites

stick w/ ABCDR and everything will turn out right
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would also look at RRA. For fit finish and dollars I dont think you can go wrong

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top