Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 2:58:40 PM EDT
I just took out my new m4 for a test run today, everything worked fine although the positions on the tele stock were not strong enough to stand to the recoil. whenever I fired a shot, the stock would collapse into my shoulder (and the reciever would bang into my nose ). How do I fix this?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just took out my new m4 for a test run today, everything worked fine although the positions on the tele stock were not strong enough to stand to the recoil. whenever I fired a shot, the stock would collapse into my shoulder (and the reciever would bang into my nose ). How do I fix this?

Imagine if you had a scope...........................  For some reason your locking detent isn't locking into one of the holes.  Bad or no spring??  FUBAR build by manufacturer??
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Now you know why it's called an "Assault Weapon".
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wondering whos the maker/were did you get the stock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The latch hardware on it might not be adjusted right.

You have to screw latch pin (7) clockwise 1/2 turn at a time while holding the latch pin's round nut (11).   And before you can do that, you got to knock out the little roll pin (12).  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The latch hardware on it might not be adjusted right.

www.boomspeed.com/kisara/CarStockDiagram.gif
You have to screw latch pin (7) clockwise 1/2 turn at a time while holding the latch pin's round nut (11).   And before you can do that, you got to knock out the little roll pin (12).  

Bunch o cheapie knock-off crap telestocks running around, that dont even have a pin.... so the adjustment lever gets out of... uh... adjustment.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to buy a stripped lower at a gun show, but everyone was sold out so I ended up getting a complete lower with a tele stock. I have a new BM 6-pos stock on the way but it is on back order I think. I just wanted to know how to fix it in the mean time. I will try messing with the locking nut or whatever, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
how do you remove the roll pin?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Hammer and punch, tap it out and then its cake from there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

locktite fixes everything!

I thought that was duct tape and bailing wire?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Duct tape and bailing wire is SOOOOOO 20th century.......
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top