User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:54:22 AM EDT
What do you guys think of them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I own an M73, for the money its a great piece of gear in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#2]
nice rail system. it works.
its a bit on the heavy side (heavier than KAC RAS) and I personally didnt like the "open style" picatinny rail but that's just me.
the top rail is not the same heigh as the flat top receiver rail; KAC rail covers will fit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The M73 is very nice quality, as should be expected from Surefire.

Easy install, solid too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is the top rail lower?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the M73 on 3 of my rifles.  They are easy to install and rock solid. They are also smaller in diameter than most other rails, which means they are not too "fat" with rail covers installed.

I tried several different non-free float rails, and I kept coming back to the Surefire.  In my opinion, they are the best non free-float rail available.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why is the top rail lower?

The top rail on the M73 is just slightly lower than the upper rail.  But since it is non-free float and makes no contact with the upper rail, this slight difference is of no consequence.  As a matter of fact, it is an advantage to me.  The overall smaller diameter of the M73 means it's just the right size with rail covers installed.

Pic borrowed for Military Morons.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
That shouldn't be a problem then all i might put on top is an aimpoint or eotec.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the M73 on 3 of my rifles.  They are easy to install and rock solid. They are also smaller in diameter than most other rails, which means they are not too "fat" with rail covers installed.

I tried several different non-free float rails, and I kept coming back to the Surefire.  In my opinion, they are the best non free-float rail available.

Mine is quite noticably wider than the DD or LaRue rails I own.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the DD and Larue rails elliptical in shape though?  I was referring to comparison of other round non-free float rails like the YHM, Midwest Ind., etc.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the DD and Larue rails elliptical in shape though?  I was referring to comparison of other round non-free float rails like the YHM, Midwest Ind., etc.

Yes. But that is where you notice the difference when you hold onto the rail directly (more so with some rail covers thasn others). VFG will dampen the argument there but it still is a bit wider than the two mentioned. For my purposes it is fine for a non-free float on a particular rifle but for about $50 more you can get the Omega which is slimer and free floated (if that floats your boat).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top