Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 11:41:06 AM EDT
Anyone have some insight on which light is best for weapon mounting. The Surefire p6 and the pelican m6 are about the same cost,but the m6 is a led which I think is a positive.Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Pelican M6 (aka PM6) comes in either incandescent (5W) and 1W Luxeon LED types.

The SureFire 6P is an incandescent (5W). There is a 5W Luxeon LED Bezel for it though - the KL5.

Do you have to have a metal light? I read here that the SureFire G2 is a cost effective reliable light for many people.

The LED lights certainly don't have filaments to break. They are far more durable and have significantly longer lifespans. There are not many reviews or feedbacks regarding how well they work as weapon-mounted lights though.

Al
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I was mostly referring to the beams they produce (or the 'full-spectrum' intense light  they don't produce) rather than the electronics.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top