Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:07:46 PM EDT
I was out shooting today and after about 700 rounds of wolf a round got stuck in the chamber.  I could hardly pull the charging handle back so I tried to detach the lower from the upper and could not.  It seems like the buffer and spring came out and is now in the upper keeping me from pulling it apart. Is this the problem and to fix it? I will probably need to take the stock off?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If the bolt is not fully closed that's what's locking up the lower. If you can get it back together then sometimes you can tap the charging handle and unstick a case, be sure keep the latch disengaged though. You might be better off removing the buffer tube in this case...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

is that an OAI collapsible?

The upper and stock is a bushmaster The lower is a OLY. I was able to get the thing apart but now I still have a round stuck in the chamber I can’t knock loose. I sprayed a bunch of clp in the chamber hoping maybe that will losing it up a little. Any trick to getting this ignorant cartridge out?

Update: The CLP did the trick I was able to knock the spent casing out with a cleaning rod. What a pain in the ass.  I appreciate all the help. -rw
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
the bolt is in battery?

what do you mean by battery? noob here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
closed and locked

Yeah I was able to get the charging handle back a let go and that got the bolt locked in. After that I was able to pull the gun apart. I guess the chamber got a little dirty and kept the spent casing from being able to eject. Seems better now. thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the case is still stuck in the chamber?

No after I got the bolt carrier out I sprayed a bunch of CLP in the bore and the chamber and used my cleaning rod to knock the spent casing out. It was in there good.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top