Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 11:14:28 PM EDT
What kind of laws does your state have at the gun ranges.. Here in PA you are not aloud more than 3 rounds in a rifle, and no more than 6 rounds in any handgun...at one time... I was not happy when i went to shoot my new RRA CAR A4... 3 rounds was like teasing me!  I usually shoot at my sportsmans club but the range was full(its only made for 4 shooters)...   What kind of laws do you have..
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
here in NM we load em up and let the lead fly...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
in northern WI we let fly as well.  but if i want to shoot up old microwaves and stuff, i go to a gravel pit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats a bunch of tree huggin hippie crap.  Do they only sell 3 packs of beer?  TX grip it and rip it.....

prosise

Dodge this!
[img]http://community.webshots.com/sym/image3/9/59/38/23295938VdhBClsgdl_ph.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:55:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Hah...It's funny that you start this topic josepi.  I was out in PA last week in Lords Valley with a buddy and we found a gun range of RT6.  It was a UNSUPERVISED shotgun and rifle/handgun range.  So we preceeded to load up our 30rd clips and started to blast off  little rapid fire.  Then the park ranger rolls up and starts going crazy on us, saying he can arrest us and all.  He said the same thing.....3rds at a time, NO rapid fire. We used the "We're from NY, we didn't know!"  He let us slide, but man...I thought I was leaving NY for less restrictions on firearms....You guys have it just as bad as we do.  Thats why I'm moving back to Florida.  Down there I got my CCW permit in 30 days.  I can own pretty much anything I want down there!!!

Cheers..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#5]
The ranges are supervised by the Game Commission. They are oriented toward hunting and generally conform with the state game laws.
At private ranges there are no restrictions except those imposed by the range.
To say that people in PA have it bad is misleading. You can have any legal weapon that I am aware of including full auto.

[b]You guys have it just as bad as we do.[/b]
View Quote

I have to disagree, YOU have the Clintons.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

View Quote

OWWW, that was low.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Here in Georgia the laws are to be "gun safe" Make sure to wear ears and eyes. Ohh, and no automatic weapons. Sometimes the WMA rangers show up to check that you are following the rules posted. I've seen them ticket people for not having eye protetion. I agree with that myself. You are a dumbass if you go shooting without eye and ear protection anyway.

AN
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:06:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Josepi -

It all depends on the range you're at - if you don't like the rapid fire or mag capacity rules at your range, you need to find a private range that will allow it.  I often go to a private indoor range near Philly where you can load 'em up as full as you want and although they don't allow 'rapid-fire' in semi, you can go full auto if you have a copy of your F4.  I also use another privately owned outdoor range north of Williamsport where the only rule about mag capacity or rapid fire is 'the more, the merrier'.

PA is pretty good for gunowners; you're just at the wrong range.  Check out what you can do in PA...

[url]www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPhoto.asp?userid=nfapics1&album_id=78773&image_id=0[/url]

[url]www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPhoto.asp?userid=nfapics1&album_id=78773&image_id=3[/url]

[url]www.printroom.com/ViewAlbumPhoto.asp?userid=nfapics1&album_id=78773&image_id=32[/url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Here in Oklahoma City, Ok., at the range I use everything but full-auto is fine.  (They won't even let the FBI, BATF or military shoot on F/A.)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

OWWW, that was low.
View Quote

As I reconsider that remark, it was harsh.
I'm in NE PA within spitting distance of NY and NJ. I'm glad we still have public ranges. When I see the list of representatives from those two states, I get sick and fear that it's only a matter of time before we get the same.

I use our state's ranges for sight in and handgun practice. Never a problem with using the AR as long as I follow the rules. For real blasting I go to private land.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]
In PA the ranges located on state game lands are OPEN to the public out of goodwill as the purpose of gamelands is wildlife conservation. Considering that hunters dollars paid for the land and these ranges are meant for hunter's training; I would not bad mouth the State for letting you use this land for FREE. REMEMEBER the sole purchasing of these lands was paid for by the sale of hunter's licenses; NOT tax dollars. Respect the laws before you destroy a great priviledge. That being said, I think we should have STATE funded ranges to allow a variety of shooting interests but with PA government soo liberal controlled I doubt it will ever happen. Now we are stuck with the poster boy of gun control Eddie "swine boy" Rendell. Again ranges on state gamelands are NOT public, but they allow their use by the public.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#12]
no rules here.  just clean up after your self
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Ky is grip it and rip it.  But you would be surprized at the looks the old mouse gun gets.  People (sheeple) are buying the liberal lies even down here in old Kantuck.  The private range where I am a member says no full auto because it makes the neighbors nervous. I was in Wva hunting turkey last week and I got a big one with my mini 14.  The next day I wanted to take one with the mouser and you should have seen the looks that I received.  You would have thought I was hunting with a LAW rocket or something.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Unfortunately its the look not the gun.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Well in the Free Republic of Arizona, I'm in heaven.  We have a state owned shooting range (the Ben Avery) just north of Phoenix that is $5/all day.  You can shoot, rifle, handgun, shotgun & machineguns.  I take my 11.5" 7.62x39 M16 out and let 'er rip.  They even provide moveable screens so I am not showering nearby shooters with a cascade of red-hot brass (or steel in the case of the cheap 7.62 ammo I'm "processing" through the Shorty30™).  Life is good.   -TriggerFish
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#16]
well I do hunt which means i pay my fee every year, but as a hunter and using these ranges, state run that is, I feel i should be able to shoot what i want, as much as i want as long as I am safe and all others around me are safe... I have absolutely no problem with rules, regulations, but let me live my freedom, especially if i contributed with my hunting fees.  Before you know it prices on hunting license will rise, again, and ranges will be shuting down.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
well I do hunt which means i pay my fee every year, but as a hunter and using these ranges, state run that is, I feel i should be able to shoot what i want, as much as i want as long as I am safe and all others around me are safe... I have absolutely no problem with rules, regulations, but let me live my freedom, especially if i contributed with my hunting fees.  Before you know it prices on hunting license will rise, again, and ranges will be shuting down.....
View Quote

Your missing the point by saying you should be allowed to shoot WHAT you want; in PA you can NOT hunt with a semi-auto rifle or pistol. SGL ranges ARE in danger of being shut down for this reason because of the abuse of certain individuals thinking this way. Even private clubs are in danger of being shut down and HAVE been because of liberal law suits. BE RESPONSIBLE and support your local clubs and  the NRA. Shooting a semi or any other firearm at a SGL range is a priviledge not a right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I agree 100% that the gun ranges are a privledge but where am i supposed to go to shoot all of my guns... This is my first AR and my first semi auto rifle... It just makes me mad that if i want to go shoot my .300 Mag and take my ar along, i cant put more than 3 rounds in clip... I think they should make the rules a little less tough, such as no rapid firing... I am not good at putting things like this into words, but i do understand your point and it is taken well into my head.. Thank you for the feedback..
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Like TriggerFish said, ARIZONA ROCKS!
The one rule we have around here is, shoot it like you stole it.
Went to the Rio Salado range today, and the only comments from the range officers were more along the lines of "nice gun, mind if I try it?"
For more pic's of a day on the range, check out Arizona in the Hometown forum.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#20]
We don't have any State Ranges, that I'm aware of, that allow public use/access. City/Town police generally use local, private clubs for qualifications/practice. The clubs generally allow the cops to use the range as an display of community service/good will.

Most Ranges/Clubs are private so they set their own rules, everything from single shot to anything goes. Generally depends on location. Most clubs located near urban areas have restrictions so as to not piss off the neighbors.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Arizona is cool - not only is Ben Avery the nicest and biggest public range I've ever experienced, after you pay your $4, the kids are free!  And if you don't like shooting with people, there are public lands all over that you can just go out and shoot.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Lordy; Yet another reason to stay the hell away from the northeastern US--as if I  needed another reason [:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top