Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 4:52:18 PM EDT
I don't really need convincing as I already took the plunge on one for my ACOG, my experience so far is little if any POI shift after 4 or 5 removals.

I was just curious to hear everyone elses experience.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
i have a larue acog and a larue eotech.

so long as they go back in the same slots they were zeroed in, they are as accurate as the ammo i'm shooting.

no complaints here
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Do like I do, with a paint pen, mark the T Slot number on the bottom of the mount where it is suppose to return to....

If you ever move to another slot, re-sight in, if needed, contact clean the paint and re-mark.

BTW, my LaRue are well with a minute of the original sight in marks...

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

so long as they go back in the same slots they were zeroed in, they are as accurate as the ammo i'm shooting.

no complaints here

+1 They return to zero better than I can shoot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the comment about being more repeatable than the ammo.  I've never experienced a change in POI when changing between LaRue mounted optics.  I've tested the LaRue mount multiple times on an optical collimator and they will repeat within 1/4 to 1/2MOA every time.  Most carbines will hold 1-2MOA groups, the mount is good to go.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

no complaints here

+1 I was skeptical at first when I heard that they would return to zero over and over until I tired it, and they do.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Works everytime.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The few times I tried it, it seemed to be right on.  I trusted it after those few times.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Follow, another thing about the Larue, my two cantilevers with  COMPML3 aimpoints will
switch between two identical rifles and shoot to same point of aim also. I've tried it several times. Gives me a warm fuzzy. Larue is good to go!
Midlength
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I remove the Aimpoint from my 3-Gun carbine and the Ziess from my Rem M700 when I transport them and when I clean them. Of course they are in LaRue mounts and I wouldn't remove them if the POI changed.

Bill
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]
A while back Larue posted a pic of multiple 5 shot groups done with the optic removed and replaced EVERY ROUND of each 5 shot group for like 20 5 shot groups and every 5 shot group was sub MOA and in the same place relative to the aiming point.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I recently took all my stuff apart on my AR to get my barrel threaded.  I run an EOTech 512 on the flattop.  

When I put it all back together I put the EOTech in the exact same spot. I mean I put it in the exact same slots and slid it back on the rails to make sure it was snug up against the rails I left it on.

I went to the range later and it was still zerod right where I left off, maybe 1moa off though. I don't think it takes much to get an optic back to zero.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#13]
When we were first looking at the Larue mounts over 5 years ago, i removed/ replaced one 100x, with not apparent loss of zero.

When the new models came out, we did the same test, but instead of after each shot, did it after every five. No apparent shift.

Obviously it will become more apparent with a telescope than a RDS, and as Bullit states, it will go right back to appx 1/4moa.

I use only Larue on those optics that will accept them.
I have Larue mounts on Aimpoint M2, M3, M4, M4s, T1, EOTech 552, S&B Short Dots and TA31F and RCO M4.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Do like I do, with a paint pen, mark the T Slot number on the bottom of the mount where it is suppose to return to....

<snip>

Seems like a pretty good idea ...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#15]
It is absolutely necessary to mark the correct slot with some sort of marking.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top