Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 8:43:51 PM EDT
Anyone have pictures or instructions on how to use the military type sling for off hand and prone shooting?  I've been shooting a long time, but embarrassingly, I never knew how to use the sling correctly.  I do know how to do what I think is the "hasty" sling where you have it going across your chest and your arm wrapped around the sling.  Don't even know if that's correct.  
I see where people are talking about a loop that you put your arm through.  Is that done with the military sling?  
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll have to look in my old BST manual and Guidebook for Marines and see if they actually have instructions on how to do it. I learned on the rifle range in boot camp, but just through instruction by a PMI.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.fulton-armory.com/sling.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, that's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks "deathfinger."

Mod. you might want to hot that link and tack it.  There's probably more like me out there.

Thanks.

Went ahead and made it hot myself.
[url]www.fulton-armory.com/sling.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#4]
and from CQB page...

[url]www.cqbsolutions.com/carryoptions.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are directions for setting up the two point sling wiyh detailed pics. link is at the bottom of this web page.

[url]http://assaultvest.com/images/Slings%20web/sling.htm[/url]

Eli
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top