Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 8:47:50 AM EDT
looking to get me a good flash suppressor before the ban lifts and the prices skyrocket. I remember reading about a good one, but i forgot the name of it. there a thread hiding somewhere with some pictured or listed?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Vortex or Phantom.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I under stand that the now discontinued Fabian Bros.  MIL/BRAKE patent #4583445 was and still is highly praised.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Vortex or Phantom.

~ s0ulzer0

These are my choices.  However, the BEST FS is a sound suppressor.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Vortex is one of the best in actual flash-suppression.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]
vortex. thats the one i was thinking of. thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#6]
anyone sell vortex for a decent price?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#7]
vortex and phantom are the the best like the others said. vortex suppresses flashes a little better but the phantom still does a good job. Also, sometimes a vortex's open-ended prongs tend to hang up on things such as brush and stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#8]
In a nutshell, Vortex is the best in terms of absolute flash suppression with the Phantom being a very, very close second.  Tines of the Vortex can catch on brush and it can kick up dust when prone.  The tines are tougher than what some people think, at least if you have a genuine Vortex.  There are copies out there, I would avoid those if you can.  The latest Phantoms have the bottom sealed so there isn't the dust problem and they probably act as a compensator in a minimal way.  They can be had with the tipped front for poking if that's your bag, and all Phantoms are closed in front so no brush catching problem.  The Vortex can enhance accuracy, significantly in some cases apparently.  Both are standard dimension so they can take muzzle attachments.  Phantoms are cheaper IIRC.

My recommendation is the Vortex.  But if you are going to be going prone a lot on dusty environments, or running through the bush, get the Phantom.  There are other good flash suppressors but they are way behind these two.  Both will also bring your 14.5" barrel out to 16".
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
why would prices go up after the ban? just wondering what the logic is behind this assumption.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
C4iGrant at gandrtactical.com has the Vortex for about $49.00. Check his web site or here in the EE forum.

M-Forgery
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#11]
supply and demand says right after the ban is lifted, prices will sky rocket then settle down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
why would prices go up after the ban? just wondering what the logic is behind this assumption.

The law of supply and demand.  It would be my assumption too that the prices will increase.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top