Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:37:38 PM EDT
just got home from the gunshow today where i picked up a decent ncstar scope for a hundred bucks....the thing is...when i mounted it i was sure that my a2 front sight would be in the field of vision...buts its not..AT ALL....ummm what is this phenomenon?? lol i cant figure this one out
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
At any magnification over 3x you will not see the sight. It somehow looks past it.

Do you have a fire proof suit? If so you better put it on. You are going to catch hell on this website for using that scope.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
haha why am i gonna catch hell?? i think its a pretty badass scope for what i paid for it..
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It has to do with diffraction of light, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just got home from the gunshow today where i picked up a decent ncstar scope for a hundred bucks....the thing is...when i mounted it i was sure that my a2 front sight would be in the field of vision...buts its not..AT ALL....ummm what is this phenomenon?? lol i cant figure this one out

Get back to us after you've run a few mags.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
totally agreed..you get what you pay for..Same with mounts.... I would be surprised if it can hold zeros after a couple hundred rounds..keep us posted..
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
why whats up with them? they junk or something?? be honest here guys quit beating around the bush
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It's junk if you can afford to spend more on a real proven brand, but better than nothing if that is all you can afford to spend. Sooner or later you will get tired of re-zeroing it in and junk it, to pay now four times the price for a decent respectable "set it and forget it" high quality scope.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's junk if you can afford to spend more on a real proven brand, but better than nothing if that is all you can afford to spend. Sooner or later you will get tired of re-zeroing it in and junk it, to pay now four times the price for a decent respectable "set it and forget it" high quality scope.

My experience (and the experience of just about everyone I know who bought an NCStar product is that are indeed junk.

MAYBE suitable for a .22 or airsoft, but don't expect it to hold zero or hold up to fightin' rifle usage.

Mine lost the reticle after 5, count 'em 5 rounds of .308.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
well....at least u guys are honest...but oh well..not all of us have enough money to purchase an acog at a retarded price of 700 dollars....lol considering the ar itself was only 9..that to me is just nonsense
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup I hear ya.  Quality optics will cost.  But consider what type of user you are - occasional range rat, or every weekend 3 gun competitor.   Buy accordingly.

Still I would stay away from NcStar.  The lowest end I would go for a non 22LR scope for any rifle would be a Burris Fullfield II or a Bushnell 3200 or something along those line. I think Nikon has something in that range of quality/price as well.  May not be the best scopes for low light or very stong magnification, but for the causal shooter they'll work just fine and not break the bank.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Poor soul.

You don't have to buy an expensive scope to get something decent...but buying NCStar is just dumb (I've bought 2...wasted $120).

Next time, buy a name brand...even if it's cheap.  For $100 I'd have bought this scope with either a PEPR or just higher quality rings.

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-15-45x32-Banner-Dusk-Dawn-Shotgun-Scope-P226.aspx
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top