Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2012 9:21:07 AM EDT
I got me a S&W 15-22 for myself for xmas.  This little carbine is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.  Mine works perfectly, is a very straight shooter, and after a jam in the first magazine no other malfs.  Will shoot anything you stick in it..  I got tired of fooling around with an M261 conversion that was always troublesome and just decided to get the Smith.  Couldn't find a CmmG upper which is what I wanted and bought the Smith.  Glad I did.  I'm a happy camper, now I  jus got to find somewhere to get a case of .22lr. and I have a feeling it isn't going to last a real long time.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I got one for my son and it is a lot of fun.  I read in the manual about not using certain brands but I have found mine to run 100% with everything so far.  Still, if you can find a dedicated upper I would say to pick it up.  I own two spikes dedicated uppers and I like the weight and heft of them.  They look and feel exactly like my AR.  I use a "better s&w mag" adapter and use 15-22 mags in it for reliability and it gives true bolt hold open functionality.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No argument here on the 15-22.  I've shot the snot out of mine, with very few malfs.  I use the Federal Auto Match, which is both cheap and good.  Put an SSA in mine, just like the centerfire guns, and the little Smith has made me an infinitely better AR shooter.  
Moon
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If you really want to see ammo go fast put a slide fire on it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine works mighty good with no triger mods. And with Win Wildcat ammo the info s&w did not reccomend using.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had mine about 8 months now, very few malfunctions and fun to shoot. Good for first time shooters and cheap training.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one for Christmas as well. I took it out to the range on Tuesday with my brother and uncle.. We took had fun with a plate rack at about 25 yards.. Zero malfunctions thru about 250 rounds..

It will be my most used gun for sure.. I got the one with the threaded bbl so I hope to have a sparrow on it this summer..
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
now stock up on 25rds  mags if you can find some...44mag has been sold out in no time..
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The mags are good, easy to use, and cheap...if you can find any.
Moon
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:07:19 AM EDT
[#9]
im about to pick one of these bad boys up myself.  can i use the same cleaning kit (bore brush, pads, etc) i use on my ar15 on this?  or do i need to get a smaller brush?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I love the M&P 15-22.  I bought one about 9 month ago and my wife liked it so much she got one.  It is a blast on the dueling tree we have.  Shot 1,000 of rounds through both.  Only had 1 or 2 malfunctions.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
im about to pick one of these bad boys up myself.  can i use the same cleaning kit (bore brush, pads, etc) i use on my ar15 on this?  or do i need to get a smaller brush?

Should be the same cleaning stuff.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be the same cleaning stuff.

thanks!  i did end up cleaning it with the same stuff last night after its first outing.  fired 100 rds of bulk remington in the white box with no issues at all!  i was a little concerned that it was on the list of "non recommended" ammo on the manual.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#13]
will blackdog mags work in these??
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#14]
just bought 2 of these tonight, kids get to fight over the pink and black one, i got the black one, bought 5 extra mags while i was there to, hope to shoot them this weekend
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
will blackdog mags work in these??

The DRUM does which is made for the 15-22:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-4141

Mike
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top