Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 10:01:54 AM EDT
Well, I sent a USPS money order out last week to J&T distributing for a M4 kit, and I contacted them today to check on the status of the order, and was told that it will be a "few weeks" before I get anything..  Not a happy camper at the moment..    Has anyone heard if any of  the other distributors behind on orders?  I hate having cash tied up with nothing to show for it....
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you contact them beforehand to check if they had anything in stock?

If not, you can't really be upset with them.  If they told you it was in stock, but now it's not, you can be upset.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not mad..   Just sad that I have the money tied up with nothing to show for a few weeks... It would be nice if something was posted on the website to reflect this.  I did inquire before money was sent, and was told that the kits were in stock.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#3]
i'm in the same situation only from bushmaster. i have a complete lower sitting next to me waiting to be assembled into my first AR. i think i'll give bushmaster a call.....
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, rest content in knowing that you'll soon have one of the nicest kits on the market showing up at your door.

Incidentally, though JT is completely dependable, you really should learn to use credit cards for transactions you feel are risky. Money orders offer you very little in the way of protections. USPS money orders generally only mean criminal charges; you don't get your money back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I told you all last summer that this was gonna happen when the AWB died. I TOLD you to go ahead and buy your stuff then, things were gonna be in short supply when the hoi polloi got word the ban was dead. But did anyone listen to ME? NOOOOOOOO........
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a model1sales 6.8 kit and they said delivery in 1-2 weeks. He said they have the parts but they have so many orders that they are behind.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I told you all last summer that this was gonna happen when the AWB died. I TOLD you to go ahead and buy your stuff then, things were gonna be in short supply when the hoi polloi got word the ban was dead. But did anyone listen to ME? NOOOOOOOO........

I listened.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#8]
mrkimball, many AR products are currently backordered. I can understand your frustration, as I like to deal exclusively in cash. In the past, I used to check to make sure products were in stock, but by the time the money order got there (I always overnight payment), the dealer would be sold out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I listened.

Me too, Mongo!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in the same shoe, ordered a upper from CMMG one wk ago, and it'll be next friday for it to ship. But worth the wait.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#11]
All you nonbelievers should have ordered BEFORE the ban officially ended and beat the rush
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#12]
JT has been swamped, and on top of it, Gary their main builder is down in his back and taking 2 days off to see the Dr.  Then he has a show locally we are working.  At the knob he was shitting and getting trying to keep up with the various configs people were ordering.  Hope you get your gun soon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#14]
What Chuck says...

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a USPS money order most of the time, that way my wife doesn't know about it...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I listened.

Me too
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I use a USPS money order most of the time, that way my wife doesn't know about it...

Best of both worlds is a credit card she don't know about!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Major shortages everywhere.

MT
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#19]
+1, snake, I couldn't have said it better myself
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah guys I feel for ya.  Ive been waiting on my Armalite AR-10T Ultra for about 6 weeks now.  The anticipation is killing me.  Should be in by the end of this week though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#21]
mrkimball:
It could be worse.  You could have gone to a shop, been lied to about a one week wait because a manufacturer supposedly had an upper in stock that would ship immediately, paid in full charged to your card that day because you expected quick delivery (would have only paid deposit and remainder on delivery if they had told the truth), and then found out the wait was more likely an estimated 6 weeks.  That's my situation, and everytime I stop by to ask about my order a different guy tells me it isn't in and they'll call when it is like I'm being a nuisance.  I'm on week three and if week 7 rolls around and they don't have it I'm demanding a full refund and buying elsewhere.

BTW I am not talking about J&T or anything related to them or their products.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#22]
We have a show this w/e and JT could only bring 5 lowers, we sold out in 15mins.  They are having problems from their lower supplier.  Teresa sent only half of what they are supposed to send to EVERYONE because of this problem.  She is trying to be fair to everyone.  

Should have seen the look on Gary's face when I said next time I'm bringing DPMS as our backup next time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#23]
The entire industry is backordered right now
...But it's all worth the wait
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The entire industry is backordered right now
...But it's all worth the wait

You NAILED that on the head!

AWB sunset...a war going on...kinda dries up a lot of supplies ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top