Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 2:05:33 PM EDT
Ive heard the Bushy front sites are higher than most others. Right now I have a flattop with carry handle. Does anyone have problems with BUISs on their Bushies, or does it just require a little more adjustment?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bushmaster front sights are SHORTER than mil-spec. If you use a BUIS, you'll probably need to install one of the taller front sight posts that Bushmaster sells.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bushmaster M4A3.  I put an A.R.M.S. #40 on it, and didn't have any trouble sighting it in.  Maybe 1/2 turn on front sight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
it is hit and miss

some need the taller front sigt post some dont.

get your buis and then attempt to zero it in if you run out of adjustments then you know to get one
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotcha. Thanks guys.

I was gonna pick up an ARMS 40a2 so hopefully Ill have the same luck
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a ARMS #40A2 on my bushy and I had to buy the taller front sight post.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know why some Bushy's need the higher post and some don't? They all use the same FSB, don't they?

Could it be that some shooters use a different hold than others (six o'clock for example)?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Well all five of my guns have Arms 40's on them and the Bushmaster upper needed to be adjusted a shit load. The rest hardly needed any adjusting from the factory. My front sight is almost falling out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I needed the taller sight post with the carry handle. I am positive I would need it with an Arms #40. Bushy actually says you need it with the Arms BUIS. They dont admit you might need it with the stock carry handle though. I too wonder why it seems some have this problem and some don't.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
My buddy just bought a flat top Bushy over the weekend.Even with the carry handle in place we had to turn it almost out to get it to zero.They should just include one with their flat tops along with a metal trigger guard,M4 handguards and an H buffer as standard.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
It depends, some do and some dont.  I f it needs to be then just buy the $5 taller front site post.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top