Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:00:03 AM EDT
After reading through a ton of threads, I cannot find an answer to or it is made even more confusing.
Out of all the AR-15 manufacturers, which one is best for quality if you want to get a new, complete rifle without needing to modify it? There seems to be a constant argument between Rock River Arms, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Odds are that any of the AR15 companies will put a quality product in your hands.  The higher the price for the Colts, Bushies and RRA are due to a little higher quality in fit, finish, and materials.

When you buy a Colt, you will also be paying a little extra for the name, but since they are Colt, they can get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt, RRA, Bushmaster, Armalite, DPMS, DSA, LMT (upper+lower), J&T Dist (kit gun), Sabre Defence, Stag, etc. all offer great rifles that SHOULDN'T* give you any problems, whatsoever.

*all manufacturers put out lemons. Cars, TV's, refrigerators. Guns are no different. Every single manufacturer has put out a shitty rifle. What matters is what they did about the shitty rifle (customer service) and how many good rifles thay put out in relation to that shitty one (quality control). All of the above manufacturers are top quality and you will be happy with your purchase.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
As stated above - most of the makers produce pretty good qaulity - Its not until you start nit picking alot - I personally would go for a ROCK RIVER - Thats my personal favorite - But really any known name brand will be decent - It will point and go boom

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
OK. that's understood.

Which manufacturer has a good warranty program in place?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK. that's understood.

Which manufacturer has a good warranty program in place?

Colt.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted to bump this thread to the top. I hope you don't mind.

But, does anyone have other opinions on who else has good warranty programs?
Anyone with experiences where you got a new rifle with a warranty, it had a problem, you sent it back and it was repaired and covered under warranty? Or maybe you got shafted?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Lifetime warranty on complete rifles.
Lifetime warranty on complete uppers.
Lifetime warranty on complete lowers.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#8]
BCR for top 3 imo

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:51:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Colt

Bushmaster

RRA

and many others are as good and would work fine

Colt is demonstrably better, albeit subtle for a weekend blaster
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#10]
In order of preference and quality.

(1) Colt

(2) Bushmaster

(3) Rock River Arms

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
In order of preference and quality.

(1) Colt

(2) Bushmaster

(3) Rock River Arms

Who's the parts maker for said weapons? CMT = Stag Arms
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#12]
OH BURN!

...You sure you weren't going in order of price?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you.

I hope this question doesn't ire anyone. I'm a noob. Does any shop through gunbroker.com? I surf that site, but I don't know if it's better to purchase what is in stock at a dealer. My only experience buying through a dealer was for a pistol. They had a large selection and I bought one that I liked and it was in stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I've used gunbroker and auctionarms but in the end it's just like Ebay. You may find it cheaper but if it has to ship from someplace far it may be pointless. But I also like to support the local shops and especially my local FFL guy who runs a shop from his home.

But I agree with the above, buy the best you can afford and you will be happy. Spending a little more can save in the long run. IMO:

1.Bushmaster
2. RRA
3. Colt

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top