Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:24:55 PM EDT
I tried to zero at 50 yards and was so far to the right i had to adjust the windage all the way to the left to compensate.....what is in spec for a windage adjustment...I know this is not

also how is this problem corrected by bushmaster when i send the upper back?

is better to just get a refund?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You have one of the infamous Bushmaster uppers with a canted FSB... Unless you can exchange it locally, save yourself the trouble of returning it to the factory and give the FSB a couple good whacks with a mallet to correct the offset...

ETA: If your not the mechanical type, then just send it back for replacement...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Par for the course with Bushy...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I always wondered about this:  if you reposition the FSB, isn't it possible that it will no longer line up with the gas port, causing the gun to short stroke?  BTW, I had a Bushmaster upper with the opposite problem.  It fired to point of aim at mechanical zero, but short stroked.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#4]
the hole in the fsb is much larger than the gas port itself so it has a lot of room to move around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top