Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 10:54:27 AM EDT
Are you guys in banned states still paying a premium for your ARs?

Are you guys in the rest of the modern world still paying premiums for LEO/Gov't marked rifles?

I ask because I have the NFA bug and at least 2 prebies and 2 Leos to toss in the cash pot
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a Bushmaster LE/GOV I'd hold on to it
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a RRA and a Colt marked.

I can get a bushy thats marked, do I need to?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would anyone pay more for a LEO marked rifle?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you have a Bushmaster LE/GOV I'd hold on to it

Why?  I can have my local Knick Knack shop engrave the same thing on it for $2.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
they would mess it up for that as well. You have to have a specialized hard metal engraver. I saw a local shop try to engrave a AR lower and f'd it all up becuase there engraver couldnt handle the type of metal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
they would mess it up for that as well. You have to have a specialized hard metal engraver. I saw a local shop try to engrave a AR lower and f'd it all up becuase there engraver couldnt handle the type of metal.

Aluminum?  Even hard anodized aluminum is soft so I would call BS.

I could always send it to Tom Sawyer and have him do it for like $20.  Is that better?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've got a RRA and a Colt marked.

I can get a bushy thats marked, do I need to?

Being Bushmaster stopped producing them collectors will generally pay more, I also look forward to seeing their value increase in the future as well, I could be wrong
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Prebans are not holding any more value here than a used postban (Colts maybe alittle).  The marked Govt/LE models are bringing about $100 more than their postban equals for some reason.  I wouldn't pay more for one marked Gov't/LE only but apparently there are those that will.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Prices for those of us behind enemy lines have tapered off and have been pretty stable.

Colt lowers range from $450-550 with Bushmasters about the same.  Some have recently gouched for $600 for a Bushy, but they generally come down on the price.

Oly/PWA/Sendra/etc. generally fetch $300-450.  EA J-15 receivers are at the low end, fetching about $300 consistently.

These are just patterns I've seen over the past year.  Complete rifles are generally fetching $1000 or more, the occasional off-brand going for $700-1000.  

I would rather see you, as a private seller, do the gouging as opposed to someone picking it up from you and selling at a gain up here.  Then you get screwed and we get screwed.  

-  BG
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why would anyone pay more for a LEO marked rifle?

It rhymes with "Hoser".....  starts with "P"......
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, are posers still paying a premium for factory LEO marked rifles?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok, are posers still paying a premium for factory LEO marked rifles?

from what i see in the EE,Yes a LEO marked lower is about 50 dollars moe IIRC.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top