Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
Okay, so I'm thinking of my first AR, ever. A buddy of mine has a Colt sporter his father gave him (awesome!) and another buddy of mine just bought a Bushmaster. I'm thinking of a Stag myself. Their left handed model really seems like a good deal. I'm left eye dominant. With pistols this has been a manageable issue but trying to shoot rifle with both eyes open in the past has given me a headache. My question is what are the advantages/disadvantages of buying a pre-assembled AR vs. building one yourself? I'm guessing that pricewise, there isn't going to be much difference. Building an AR is mostly about customization I presume. I know absolutely nothing about these rifles other than when I shot my friend's AR, my point of view changed entirely and I knew I had to have one. Now that there's a 7.62 shortage, that SKS doesn't seem like such a lucrative SHTF rifle. I'm definitely motivated by wanting to have a rifle chambered in a readily available caliber should I be hit by some sort of crisis. Anyway, any feedback on pre-assembled vs. unassembled AR's would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
search and the build it yourself forum will help you out.

if you dont have any mechanical skills and cant assemble legos go with factory
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top