BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2002 8:21:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot only the Portugese and it shot under 1" at 100 yards through my Remington 700 VLS. Actually shot better than some Remington hunting loads I have shot through it.

The Portugese shoot very well through my DSA FAL as well. Somewhere around an inch. I am pretty happy with it. It seems pretty clean to.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've shot both, and I think the only difference is that Port is copper washed steel, and SA is copper.  When I got my DSA FAL, I got that battlepack combo that Dan's used to sell.  20 rounds of Port vs 20 rounds of SA, the SA was more accurate.  Of course, the Hirty beat them both

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I find that SA shoots to very near the same point of impact as Hirtenberg, and that Port shoots larger groups well to the right and low.

I traded most of a case of Port for SA, round for round.  The copper vs. washed steel is a bonus, for me the preference comes from accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
where are you buying SA from??  I'd like to try some
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
where are you buying SA from??  I'd like to try some

I've seen it at shows for $157 out the door per 1260 round plastic tub, packed in (nine) 140 rd battle packs.  You can also buy it by the individual battle pack for $18-20, which is a good way to go if you just want to try some.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Go with the Portugese, its the best ammo out there. Remember you get what you pay for.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top