Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2004 6:41:17 AM EDT
just wondering what the diffrence is between the phantom and the izzy.noticed thet bushmaster is putting izzy's on new 14.5" rifles as opposed to phantoms like on leo carbines.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The izzy is a muzzle brake while the phantom is a flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Eventhough the Izzy is only a muzzle brake, dose it reduce the muzzle blast to any extent?  I have a Bushy carbine and also live in  a "Police State"hen  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I am having some work done soon by Adco. in the process my barrel will bo threaded allowing me to install a flash suppresor. Phantom or Vortex, any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am having some work done soon by Adco. in the process my barrel will bo threaded allowing me to install a flash suppresor. Phantom or Vortex, any opinions?

Vortex (new model) or Phantom 5C1. Whichever looks best.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the "looks" of the Phantom 5C2... Thats what Adco put on mine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I had called BM last week and they told me the Izzy comes in two types the FS and Muzzle break. I would call and verify.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had called BM last week and they told me the Izzy comes in two types the FS and Muzzle break. I would call and verify.

The Izzy is a muzzle brake designed to look like the Phantom; therefore, how could it ever be a flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Izzy is a muzzle brake designed to look like the Phantom; therefore, how could it ever be a flash suppressor?

I asked Bushmaster about any new Flash Hiders for the BAR-10 and received the following response:

The thread is the 5/8 - 24 size. We will be offering an Izzy flash hider which is nearly the same as a Phantom.
           Thank you,
           Jim Eden, Tech Support.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 11:18 PM
To: TSEmail
Subject: Bushmaster BAR-10

My guess is, if they will be making an Izzy Flash Hider for the .308, they may also be designing one for the 5.56.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I asked Bushmaster about any new Flash Hiders for the BAR-10 and received the following response:

The thread is the 5/8 - 24 size. We will be offering an Izzy flash hider which is nearly the same as a Phantom.
           Thank you,
           Jim Eden, Tech Support.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 11:18 PM
To: TSEmail
Subject: Bushmaster BAR-10

My guess is, if they will be making an Izzy Flash Hider for the .308, they may also be designing one for the 5.56.

HTH

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems kind of silly to make an Izzy FH.  The Izzy always struck me as a Break designed to look like a phantom.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Seems kind of silly to make an Izzy FH.  The Izzy always struck me as a Break designed to look like a phantom.

my thoughts too
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Could it be a simple business decision?

Since all Bushmaster's muzzle devices are manufactured by YHM:

Phantom = designed by YHM = higher share of profit to YHM

Izzy = designed by Bushmaster = higher share of profit to Bushmaster

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could it be a simple business decision?

Since all Bushmaster's muzzle devices are manufactured by YHM:

Phantom = designed by YHM = higher share of profit to YHM

Izzy = designed by Bushmaster = higher share of profit to Bushmaster

BINGO!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top