Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 8:16:24 AM EST
I've got a Maine-era Bushmaster Shorty AK upper assembly: A1 style upper, 14.5" HBAR, A2 front sight at carbine location, permanent AK74 style muzzle brake.

I want to move the barrel assembly to a flattop. Is that going to be a problem attempting to using a flattop rear sight with a non-F front sight? Am I going to run out of elevation on the front sight?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:30:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By Saladin2:
I've got a Maine-era Bushmaster Shorty AK upper assembly: A1 style upper, 14.5" HBAR, A2 front sight at carbine location, permanent AK74 style muzzle brake.

I want to move the barrel assembly to a flattop. Is that going to be a problem attempting to using a flattop rear sight with a non-F front sight? Am I going to run out of elevation on the front sight?
View Quote

I wouldn't think so. I've seen the measurements and there is so little difference in the height, I would think you could compensate with the FSP.

If not,the F marked FSB is .040 higher than a non marked so you can buy taller posts from various places.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:01:10 PM EST
I did that with mine. I added a YHM 5010 rear flip up and it works fine with the original post...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:17:24 AM EST
The f-marked sight helps with that 1% chance you'll have problems sighting in. You'll probably be fine.

But if you find that your sights do shoot low and run out of adjustment, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the taller sight post that will fix it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:48:18 AM EST
Sell that A1 upper and buy a flat top one. Yes there are people who like A1,A2 uppers and will buy them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:11:59 AM EST
I am one of those people. I'm keeping the A1 upper thank you very much; I just want to put a lighter barrel on it.
Top Top