Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 6:29:19 PM EDT

hello everyone, i am a recent user of this forum looking to find out what scope mount to buy for my Colt AR-15 H-BAR with a DETACHABLE carry handle.  

i have been told that they make quick release scope mounts for the detachable handle upper halfs, what i need to know is what brand/price to look for, and ASLO when i remove the scope/put it back on, will it stay zeroed in or will i have to resight it every time.

another thing is, i intend on putting on a leupold 6.5-20X40 powered scope that ive got laying around.  so its not one of those small skinny scopes i always see on AR-15s, it has a 40mm lens.

what can you all tell me about this?  thanks

BuiltToughF250
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with an ARMS mount.  It should hold the zero as long as you put it on the exact same way you take it off.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
There is many different mount available for mounting a scope to your AR15 flat top.  ARMS mount as mentioned by Vinnie is an excellent choice, a choice made many times over by the military users.  Also you can find 30mm one piece mount from Colt , Eagle, or even just getting a steel target grade high rings from makers such as GG&G, Badger, or Precision Reflex, etc, etc,...
40 mm objective lens is not a big scope by any standard in today's market, 50 to 56 mm has been amking head ways for awhile, and with the mounting solution suggested above, you should have no problem getting the proer mount for your 40mm, and also a good cheek contact to your stock.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top