Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 2:07:21 PM EDT
I'm looking to add a FF handguard to my SW mp15or. I'm looking to improve accuracy as well as have the option of rails to add acc. if wanted. Also I would like to get a more forward grip on the gun.

I've about decided on the vtac extreme ( I like the slots better than the holes) in either a 9 or 11" I'm kinda leaning toward the 11". What are your thoughts on the 9 versus 11" on a 16" carbine ?

The gas block with the rail will have to come off. I've heard some say these are a real PITA to get off the mp15. Anyone have any experience getting these off ?

Also I will need a LP gas block . What are your preferences to go under the vtac extreme with the least interference with the backing plates?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally think that a longer tube looks and works better on a 16".  I put the 13" Troy on my 16" and I love it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Any advice on the gas block ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has a lightweight barrel with a .625" gas block section, so I don't have a frame of reference for how a standard gas block interacts with the tube, but if you use a standard generic lo-pro block like this, you should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked at that one . It's out of stock right now. I was also looking at the one from YHM.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I looked at that one . It's out of stock right now. I was also looking at the one from YHM.

They're all basically the same.  Take a look at Midway or Brownells, they usually have a few to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Find out if SW uses taper or roll pins, remove accordingly.  I have the 11" rail, it's awesome.  Any LP gas block will work fine, especially if you have a carbine length system and you're running an 11" rail; all your accessories will be forward of your gas block.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top